Anyone else in forgotten 36 just get request a quote email?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasparilla

After all the details of delivery schedules and rollout states that were done over the past year, I'd resigned myself (in Illinois Chicago suburbs, the forgotten 36) to probably not being able to order my Leaf until the middle of 2012 with it being produced in Smyrna (?) TN.

So I was shocked to see this in my e-mail "You can now request a quote" on the 29th of July 2011 (didn't see it till today since I wasn't even on watch for it...as I was sure I still had a year till something like this showed up).

Frankly with what we've learned from Nissan communications (yeah, I know) regarding the rollout plans, this seems like a mistake (IL is in the forgotten 36 and destined to rollout last). I'll be moving forward nonetheless, at least till there's a whistle on the play (when someone at Nissan USA figures out that they're starting to roll out Leafs in the forgotten 36 already).

So my question is, has anyone else in the forgotten 36 gotten one of these recently?

Thanks,

Scott

You must have completely missed the news that IL joined others in the Tier 2 rollout which started a week ago.

evnow said:
You must have completely missed the news that IL joined others in the Tier 2 rollout which started a week ago.

I totally did miss that, wow. I basically haven't been following things since it looked like the end of 2012 at the earliest... Thank you for bringing me up to date EVNOW.

FYI - this is something posted after the news release was made....

Tier 1
Arizona, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington

Tier 2 - Ordering begins July 25
Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Tier 3 - Ordering in 'fall' 2011
Connecticut, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York

Tier 4 - Ordering by 'end of year'
Delaware, Indiana, Louisiana, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island

Tier 5 - (aka the forgotten 22) ordering date unknown.
Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Sasparilla said:
After all the details of delivery schedules and rollout states that were done over the past year, I'd resigned myself (in Illinois Chicago suburbs, the forgotten 36) to probably not being able to order my Leaf until the middle of 2012 with it being produced in Smyrna (?) TN.

So I was shocked to see this in my e-mail "You can now request a quote" on the 29th of July 2011 (didn't see it till today since I wasn't even on watch for it...as I was sure I still had a year till something like this showed up).

Frankly with what we've learned from Nissan communications (yeah, I know) regarding the rollout plans, this seems like a mistake (IL is in the forgotten 36 and destined to rollout last). I'll be moving forward nonetheless, at least till there's a whistle on the play (when someone at Nissan USA figures out that they're starting to roll out Leafs in the forgotten 36 already).

So my question is, has anyone else in the forgotten 36 gotten one of these recently?

Thanks,

Scott

If you check the 'what you ordered' thread there are at least 3 from IL who have posted details, it still took Nissan a few days from the 7/25 announcement date (like your email) but we were able to place orders and may yet see the car in Nov/Dec !! I'm the first for my 'recommended' dealer but he had 3 other quotes pending so good luck, I really thought the Focus EV would beat the LEAF to Chicago but that seems doubtful now.

Back