info about ETEC in North Texas

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb1

Hi, Newbie on the forum so please redirect if I posting in the wrong area.
Picked up an orphan leaf without the QC charger. Dealer didn't share much info about etec charger - not sure if that was real lack of info or didn't want to lose the sale. Called Nissan to see if I can sign up to join the EV project after purchase and was told that someone will contact later to send the survey. Followup call with another agent said that QC is required to participate and as such the program is not available in TX. Just when I gave up on it, I got the survey via email.
Holding off on getting a direct install using local contractor until I know if etec will come through or not with the free Blink charger. Any experiences shared by other owners in DFW area would help me a lot here. Thanks for the info in advance.

p.s. love the car so far and proud of it

Here's more info about The EV Project...

http://www.theevproject.com/overview.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like from the map there are 3 cities in Texas that are participating...

I am not aware if anyone in the Dallas area got the free charger. If there are, please speak up.

shay said:
I am not aware if anyone in the Dallas area got the free charger. If there are, please speak up.

When I checked into it last December, the Leaf was not eligible in DFW, only the Volt. Search the forum for Dave Aasheim's contact info. He's the Texas Area Manager for Ecotality and he can give you the straight scoop. If you can't find his contact info on the forum, PM me and I'll dig it up.

J.

Thanks for the replies. I will update in case there is any follow up on my survey from etec but sounds like I will just have to get my own - probably later this month. Thanks.

Back