Let's fix the LEAF acronym for Nissan!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

I have suspected that LEAF was an acronym for a while now based on the fact that Nissan always capitalizes it, but I just got around to looking it up. Wow! What an awful acronym:

Leading, Environmentally-friendly, Affordable Family car.

Really?! That's just embarrassing! :oops:

As a self-respecting Nissan LEAF owner I cannot bring myself to admit that to anyone I know who might come asking!

So I need the help of all the clever people on this board: Please provide a much-enhanced phrase that we can all proudly claim as the words behind the letters L-E-A-F!

(After all, we all know several good ones for FORD and it has no more letters than LEAF!)

Once we get a set of good choices, perhaps we can put it to a poll for bragging rights!

RegGuheert said:
I have suspected that LEAF was an acronym for a while now based on the fact that Nissan always capitalizes it, but I just got around to looking it up. Wow! What an awful acronym:

Leading, Environmentally-friendly, Affordable Family car.
Actually LEAF is a backronym. The came up with the word first and made up an acronym to fit.

spike09 said:
Actually LEAF is a backronym. They came up with the word first and made up an acronym to fit.
Cool! That completely validates what we are doing here!

So far I've liked every single one posted here better than what Nissan came up with! (Sorry, Nissan!)

Keep 'em coming'!

Look at Every Automaker's Future

Like Every Automobile in the Future

Leading Electric Automobiles into the Future

TonyWilliams said:
So, what will the goobers come up with that match "Fix or Repair Daily" and "Found on Road Dead" ?
Liberal Environmentalists Accepting Funding

Back