Leaf sleeper

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

On another thread they were talking about sleeping in their cars...

http://www.amazon.com/Sportz-Hatchback-Impreza-Outback-Forester/dp/images/B001X3VVJ2/ref=dp_image_text_1_0?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&img=0&color_name=1

Now if you could run the AC in the Leaf while connected to a campground power outlet, this could be a winner.

To add to that thought, since the Leaf's heater is electric, one could keep nice and toasty with the windows up while camping without having to worry about carbon monoxide :D

johnr said:
To add to that thought, since the Leaf's heater is electric, one could keep nice and toasty with the windows up while camping without having to worry about carbon monoxide :D

Just a dead pack. The heater is likely 5-6kw.

Presumably not a dead pack, if one only uses the electrical heat/cool, etc. when their portable L2 EVSE is plugged into the RV power socket ... if the LEAF works that way.

Hey, I used to sleep in my VW bug (1961 model)*. Compared to that, I expect sleeping in a Leaf would be like a presidential suite in a hotel.

* Move the front seats clear forward, take out the two bolts that hold the back of the rear seat, swing it around and lay it between the front and back seats.

I was hoping for easy napping when getting a 0.5, 1, or 2 hour charge, perhaps at some late hour or "remote" spot, not a full "field-strip" of the "lumpy" interior.

Just slide the front seat back all the way, and recline its back substantially (at least back 60º from vertical).

Back