Grinding/Groaning sound coming from front of car while climate timer running

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmstage

Hi all,

I came outside this morning while my climate control timer was running, and there was a rising/falling grinding/groaning sound coming from the front of the car.

I thought it was possibly the fan, but when I unplugged it and started the car the sound was gone.

Anyone experience anything similar??

Yes.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23916
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17462

I've experienced this, just as you described. On mine, it is the A/C compressor. When plugged in and cooling the car, the compressor doesn't seem to run steady. It runs making that up and down noise. It sounds like it slows down as pressure builds or something, then jumps back up in tone and does it again. Can be kind of loud, considering rest of car is silent and car is in garage when it does this. I don't know if it is normal, but mine does the same thing. I've had it for more than 2 years and it's always done that (mine is a 2012).

av8or said:
I've experienced this, just as you described. On mine, it is the A/C compressor. When plugged in and cooling the car, the compressor doesn't seem to run steady. It runs making that up and down noise. It sounds like it slows down as pressure builds or something, then jumps back up in tone and does it again. Can be kind of loud, considering rest of car is silent and car is in garage when it does this. I don't know if it is normal, but mine does the same thing. I've had it for more than 2 years and it's always done that (mine is a 2012).

Mine does this as well. Both my 2013 leaf S and my 2016 leaf S. It's the A/C and only because it's in a garage. When outdoors, the noise isn't as loud, because it's not reverberating within the walls.

Back