GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Re: Nissan Leaf Wiper Blades: Part Numbers and Compilation from Forum

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:13 pm

The Nissan factory inserts seem to last longer in my hot, dry climate (with occaisional heavy rain) than most aftermarket blades. Therefore, I buy replacement inserts from Nissan. They don't list them for the LEAF so ask for them by part number (they are actually for other Nissan models). Also, as others have noted, normal replacement blades interfere with each other slightly.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:14 am

I replaced the factory blades with Bosch ICON blades, 26A and 16A, in March of 2016. They work just fine and are still in good shape.

I kept the original blades, so may look at new inserts when the Bosch wipers need replaced.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

arnis
Delivery Date: 23 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 015896

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:37 am

baustin wrote:I replaced the factory blades with Bosch ICON blades, 26A and 16A, in March of 2016. They work just fine and are still in good shape.

I kept the original blades, so may look at new inserts when the Bosch wipers need replaced.

Bosch blades are under the wiper metal arm. This means it doesn't fit on passenger side :roll:
Short range EVs <30kWh -- Medium range: 30-60kWh -- Long range: >60kWh
Charging: Trickle <3kW -- Normal 3-22kW -- Fast 50-100kW -- Supercharging >100kW

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 pm

arnis wrote:
baustin wrote:I replaced the factory blades with Bosch ICON blades, 26A and 16A, in March of 2016. They work just fine and are still in good shape.

Bosch blades are under the wiper metal arm. This means it doesn't fit on passenger side :roll:

I've used Bosch Icon wipers on both the 2012 and 2015 LEAF without problems.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:52 am

arnis wrote:

As I stated, the Bosch blades I listed fit and work perfectly fine on my 2013 Leaf SV.

Where do you get your information from?
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

arnis
Delivery Date: 23 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 015896

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:26 am

Short range EVs <30kWh -- Medium range: 30-60kWh -- Long range: >60kWh
Charging: Trickle <3kW -- Normal 3-22kW -- Fast 50-100kW -- Supercharging >100kW

powersurge
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 am

You do not need to buy blades by 'car"... Just get the same length of the originals..

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:06 am

how are they rubbish? I went back to factory blades on my 2 Honda's and Honda blades on my Toyota because they're better and cheaper than anything in the aftermarket...

They haven't typically lasted a year without starting to streak. I will let you know when these break down and do the same. Gut feeling, based on previous experience, is that it's probably going to be within 6-9 months.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 76,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

Nubo
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:33 am

arnis wrote:Original wipers are offset, like that:
https://quirk-images.com/ebay01/ebayrev ... NA0B_4.jpg

Bosch wipers are not, like that:
https://assets.howtune.com/articles/310 ... de_big.jpg

That's as may be, but the Icons have still fit just fine on my 2 LEAFs, I assure you.
I noticed you're still working with polymers.

Gigawatt
Delivery Date: 07 Feb 2018

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:42 am

Just wanted to add my 2c to the blade debate here.
Here is my takeaway from spending way too much time during the last week on bloody wiper blades! $70 later including tax and shipping from the dealer website .>>>>>>>>>>

if you have the OEM NON value blades then just get inserts BUT if you have the VALUE blades that most Nissan parts departments only seem to carry now, no expensive standard OEM baldes were to be had at my dealer then you are SOL, pay up the $70 and order them all online. The value series have the rubber part glued into the spine AND somehow they have are made so you can’t remove them, some type of plastics clip beteeen the top of the spine and wiper blade body. You will eventually recoup the cost after 2 or 3 years (assuming your blades only last a year as they seem to do here in Colorado with the snow and eleveated UV levels)

Back story >>>>>>> It seem that all non OME or OEM Value series blades, Bosch, Costco Michelin and Goodyear need an offset adaptor. Getting the offset adaptor seems easy, just call their 1 800 number and they will send you the hardware. In my case they Michelin sent me the wrong part, looking at the diagram they sent the blades will never fit with a hook arm and the adaptor is meant for a non hook wiper arm. ALso going to the Mitchellin website dedicated to wiper blades imformend me that no blade they make will fit even though the little book that is normally on display in the case where they sell the blades had said they fit with an adaptor. I don’t see how any blade WITHOUT the onset will work properly as it will not clear the class correctly AND will sit directly under the drivers side wiper arm unless it is super thin. But OK someone who commented before me says the icons are thin enough but I think the part of the window that it would miss would bug my neurotic self and not sure how this would effect snow removal off the windshield.

This debacle reminds my of my ald 99 Audi A8, for years I put on wiper blades and they seems to work just so so, then for shites and giggles I decided to get some from the deal, cheaper than Nissan believe it or not. I discovered the passenger blade was indeed curved, yes curved is the horizontal direction. So no wonder the blades I’d been using all these years didn’t work as non were curved, why would any manufacturer make a custom curved blade for one vehicle.
2012 Leaf - “Pearl” - Cheapest leaf in America.
2002 OB - AKA The Tractor

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”