kahi wrote:@Dala did you change the cell yet?
I did not yet, I have ordered two, but in the meantime I am testing out bottom balancing it properly, this will also aid in the future when I swap the cell.
So I got in contact with EVs Enhaced, and they gave me some pointers in how to better balance manually. Here are the steps I'm gonna do
1) Discharge the pack to a lowish point - the two cells will limit how far you can discharge of course
2) Remove the pack again and re-open it
3) Charge the two cells to significantly higher voltage than the rest of the cells in the pack
4) Temporarily, reinstall the pack into the car and continue to discharge (lights/heater/etc on) until all the cells in the pack (except the two higher ones) are in the 3.0-3.3V range. This time the two cells wont be limiting your ability to discharge the pack
5) Remove the pack and this time discharge the two cells to match the voltage of the rest of the cells - so they are all bottom-end balanced. Leave the cells to settle for a day after discharging to re-check the voltage and discharge further if required.
6) Reinstall the back and fully charge it - if the two cells hit 4.12V while charging before the rest of the other cells then they are certainly lower capacity so replacing them would increase range to some extent. If other cells in the pack hit 4.12V before the two cells, then this replacement module has equal or better capacity compared to the rest in the pack - replacing it would give you no benefit.
Here is a screenshot from point 3
Here is a screenshot from completed point 4
Still waiting a day for it to settle, then I'm gonna rebalance at close to 0 SOC and seal it back up. Watch this space.