davewill

Re: SD UNLOCK NG on navigation screen

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:01 pm

grommet wrote:https://owners.nissanusa.com/ has a link to the LEAF portal at the login page, so you don't need to remember the URL.

"Attention Nissan LEAF™ Owners - We've created an exclusive online portal to maximize your ownership experience"
Thanks, somehow I completely missed that boldfaced, exclamation pointed link!
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

DarkStar
Delivery Date: 25 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 568

Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Crawlspace wrote:So prove me wrong and make a $100.00 bucks. I have called three dealers in my area, the VIN has nothing to do with the sd card initial replacement. The sd card has to be married to the headunit from Clarion with the serial # etc. Maybe then when I have to have the head unit programed they do something with the VIN.

If you are willing to call your dealer and find out what they did that would be awesome.

I just wrote what happened. When the card came in, they just stuck it in the car and everything worked normally. No headunit swap required. No contacting Clarion.

I'm not trying to prove anything, just trying to describe my experience with this process.
Mikiko (2011 Nissan LEAF ETEC) Status:
Reserved: 04/20/10 | Ordered: 10/01/10 | EV Project Blink Installed: 03/22/11 | Delivered: 03/25/11 | VIN: 568

Oregon Electric Vehicle Association | Electric Auto Association

Ingineer
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 6969

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:36 pm

I doubt they have a different and unique unlock key from car to car, but it's probably unique to the Leaf's Navi. If someone breaks the key on one, then that version is wide open. It matters not if they are encrypted different on different cars, so why go to the logistical hassle of having them per-unit keyed.

It's easy enough to check.

-Phil
Easily Learn Electricity HERE! - - - - Website: http://evseupgrade.com/ - - - - Like us on Facebook: EVSE Upgrade

stou0220
Delivery Date: 23 Feb 2013

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:39 am

I realize this thread is a bit stale, but I thought it couldn't hurt to confirm that the SD card can be replaced. I just bought a gently used 2012 Nissan Leaf last week and the dealer took out the SD card to protect it but ended up losing it. I made them order another one as part of the sale. I've been driving the vehicle for about 5 days without navigation, radio, bluetooth, etc. The card showed up today directly from Nissan. I unpackaged it, put it in, turned on the vehicle, and all works as it should.

The dealer told me the card cost $450.00, but the price directly on the package states $250.00. Whatever the cost, they are replaceable and can be ordered from Nissan.

mwalsh
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

stou0220 wrote:The card showed up today directly from Nissan. I unpackaged it, put it in, turned on the vehicle, and all works as it should.

Any indication on the packaging/packing list/invoice that it is individually keyed, whether to car or nav system?
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 76,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

geos56us
Leaf Number: 008552

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Hey everyone! First post here. I just picked up a 2011 Leaf this past Saturday and love it! I have the same problem as one of the previous posters --- my car did not have the NAV SD card in it when I got it. I'm hoping someone on here can let me know what the part number of that card is. I know I have to get a brand new unused card for this to work. I understand that Navteq supposedly has an update out this month, but the card won't be available until sometime next month and I'm getting anxious to check out the display and its features. Plus, I hate not having a radio!!!

Thanks in advance!

George

DarkStar

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:03 am

geos56us wrote:Hey everyone! First post here. I just picked up a 2011 Leaf this past Saturday and love it! I have the same problem as one of the previous posters --- my car did not have the NAV SD card in it when I got it. I'm hoping someone on here can let me know what the part number of that card is. I know I have to get a brand new unused card for this to work. I understand that Navteq supposedly has an update out this month, but the card won't be available until sometime next month and I'm getting anxious to check out the display and its features. Plus, I hate not having a radio!!!

Thanks in advance!

George

You have to get a card that is pre-programmed for use in your car. The dealership will use your VIN number to order the part as it is programmed remotely (for only your VIN) before it is delivered to the dealer.
Reserved: 04/20/10 | Ordered: 10/01/10 | EV Project Blink Installed: 03/22/11 | Delivered: 03/25/11 | VIN: 568

geos56us
Leaf Number: 008552

Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks DarkStar. I called the dealer earlier in the week and they told me to contact Navteq. I called them and the person I spoke with said there is a new release out this month but it won't be available for purchase at least until next month. She also told me that the SD card should run about $150.00. I am going to definitely have to research this further regarding the VIN. I was under the impression that a brand new card would work fine, but that the head unit actually writes to the card which in essence makes it then usable only in that car. To be continued!!!! :-)

DarkStar

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am

geos56us wrote:Thanks DarkStar. I called the dealer earlier in the week and they told me to contact Navteq. I called them and the person I spoke with said there is a new release out this month but it won't be available for purchase at least until next month. She also told me that the SD card should run about $150.00. I am going to definitely have to research this further regarding the VIN. I was under the impression that a brand new card would work fine, but that the head unit actually writes to the card which in essence makes it then usable only in that car. To be continued!!!! :-)

Your dealer doesn't know what they're talking about. The part number is 25920-3NA0A on my 2011 Nissan Leaf and they'll need your VIN to order it (and it's a lot more than $150). My guess is that Navteq will come out with an update card of some sort that we'll load from the secondary SD card slot, but if you can wait a month I'm sure we can all find out for you! (I'll certainly be buying the new release.)

QueenBee
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:54 am

DarkStar wrote:
geos56us wrote:Thanks DarkStar. I called the dealer earlier in the week and they told me to contact Navteq. I called them and the person I spoke with said there is a new release out this month but it won't be available for purchase at least until next month. She also told me that the SD card should run about $150.00. I am going to definitely have to research this further regarding the VIN. I was under the impression that a brand new card would work fine, but that the head unit actually writes to the card which in essence makes it then usable only in that car. To be continued!!!! :-)

Your dealer doesn't know what they're talking about. The part number is 25920-3NA0A on my 2011 Nissan Leaf and they'll need your VIN to order it (and it's a lot more than $150). My guess is that Navteq will come out with an update card of some sort that we'll load from the secondary SD card slot, but if you can wait a month I'm sure we can all find out for you! (I'll certainly be buying the new release.)

$260 at http://www.everythingnissan.com/Nissan- ... 3na0a-.htm I imagine the "Out of Production" warning has more to do with it being a special order item.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”