Need new wiper blades

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adric22

I guess after 18 months, it is time for new wipers. Mine are leaving streaks all over the place. These wipers appear somewhat unusual. Besides the dealer, is there anywhere I can buy these?

If you have a prefered manufacturer you can check the website for a fit guide.

http://www.rainx.com/blade-size-finder/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically it looks like the LEAF uses the following sizes

Code:
Blade Location	Length (in.)	Arm Type [?]
Passenger        16             9 X 4 HOOK
Driver           26             9 X 4 HOOK

I just got the Trico 26-1HB $16.35, Trico 16-1HB $4.51, & Wix 24012 cabin air filter $ 26.51 on Amazon last week. I use rain-x through out the wet season because I spend quite a bit of time on the highway.

mwalsh said:
I like the RainX blades. Seems to me that I saw them on special someplace too - buy one get the other cheap(er) (free?). Will have to look at my Sunday supplements when I get home.

I bought a couple for my kid's car via this same sale: great wipers (bought some of their sub-zero washer fluid as well).

Stanton said:
I bought a couple for my kid's car via this same sale: great wipers (bought some of their sub-zero washer fluid as well).

Do you happen to remember where it was? It has to be like Kmart or Target, from what I remember seeing come with the paper on Sunday.

In fact, now I'm really thinking about it, it might have been buy 2 and get like at $10 Target Gift Card. :?:

ILETRIC said:
$7.50 or so each at Costco. I'm hoping Leaf has that simple "slide on hook" system going there.

The Leaf does, it takes about 5 seconds to swap out a blade once you figure it out.

Can those who bought replacement blades comment on the difference between them and the original OEM blades (such as in visual sturdiness that might affect blade llife)?

MikeD said:
Can those who bought replacement blades comment on the difference between them and the original OEM blades (such as in visual sturdiness that might affect blade llife)?

The RainX blade rubbers appear to have worn at about the same rate as the OEM blades, at least if the ones on my wife's car are anything to go by. But the plastic has gotten more bleached out by the sun (in case that's something you care about).

Why are you guys swapping out the whole frame? Just go to the dealer and ask for the wiper refills for the LEAF. I do this for my Prius and it is crazy cheap vs buying the rain-x blades. Just slide out the rubber, remove the metal stiffeners, and do the same in reverse for the new ones.

bradbissell said:
Why are you guys swapping out the whole frame? Just go to the dealer and ask for the wiper refills for the LEAF. I do this for my Prius and it is crazy cheap vs buying the rain-x blades. Just slide out the rubber, remove the metal stiffeners, and do the same in reverse for the new ones.

Are you kidding me? How long has it been since you bought blades...nobody sells those anymore. You HAVE to buy the whole thing.

Besides which, I don't think the LEAFs are modular like that.

Bought them that way last month for my wife's Rav4 and 3 months ago for the Prius. Just had to go to the parts department at the dealer and ask for only the replacement blades. I've always done this for every car I've owned (Volvo, VW, Saturn, Toyotas). If Nissan has to replace the whole blade system then that is stupid engineering and a waste of resources.

The blades at Costco are "Goodyear Assurance" brand. I've used them on 3 cars for the past 3 years or so. I've also tried Bosch Icon and Rain-X. The blades at Costco are half the price and IMO look and work just as nicely.

Interesting. I prefer to just replace the rubber too, and I've noticed that it's just about impossible to find refills nowadays.

If anybody goes to the dealer for refills, please post how much they cost.

I don't know about the newer models, but one nice thing on our older Hondas is with the original wipers you only replace the rubber part, and reuse everything else, even the metal stiffeners that run the length of the rubber. They're about $5-6 from the parts department, but more importantly it isn't wasteful like other cars where they have you replace everything on the end of the arm whether it needs it or not... we have one that is 12+ years old, and there are 12 fewer sets of wiper blade frames in landfills with that approach.

Back