Water leakage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmeitz

So today I drove about 60 miles in the rain and noticed where my headliner and plastic come together on my driver side A pillar that water is leaking in. Had about a 2 inch section that was very wet. Not sure if it is coming in from the windshield or what. Anyone else have issues?

I had a MAJOR LEAK there, which was evident on the first day I had my 2011 LEAF.

It rained all day while I was parked at work. When I got in the car, the entire driver's side corner of the headliner was soaking wet and colored blue (apparently from some blue "powder" that is in the airbag up there).

I took it to the dealer and they kept it and repaired it.

Apparently a gasket that runs up there must have gotten kinked when things were assembled robotically.

Anyway, the dealer replaced the gasket and headliner and I have had no further issues.

I have a water leak, or at least water in the rear truck area of my 2013 leaf? I removed the carpet and dried that but now I come out in the morning and the exposed trunk floor has water on it. Headliner area isn't wet nor is the exterior of any of the interior panels. It has been to the dealer once and they sealed the passenger side tail light with silicone but the problem is the same. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm a new owner of a 2013 leaf S with a water leak as the OP and some others mentioned. Instead of starting a new thread, thought it best to keep this one going. The leakage is at the A pillar where it meats the head liner as the OP described. The tech at Nissan is convinced its do to a bad door frame gasket which I don't buy. Have there been any other leakage issues since this original post? Going to do my own water testing this weekend to try and duplicate the leak.

Other than that, the leaf is a great car,

Bob

bobschultz said:
I'm a new owner of a 2013 leaf S with a water leak as the OP and some others mentioned. Instead of starting a new thread, thought it best to keep this one going. The leakage is at the A pillar where it meats the head liner as the OP described. The tech at Nissan is convinced its do to a bad door frame gasket which I don't buy. Have there been any other leakage issues since this original post? Going to do my own water testing this weekend to try and duplicate the leak.

Bob

seems too high up to be the door gasket. sounds more like the windshield is leaking to me

DaveinOlyWA said:
bobschultz said:

Bob

seems too high up to be the door gasket. sounds more like the windshield is leaking to me
Agreed.

Owner of a 2015 Leaf SV since Sept 2015; found leak (Dec 8) in the trunk under the mat, about two cups (suspect leak from day 1), brought to two different dealers and confirmed water is not leaking from outside but condensation; since they dry the car and left it inside overnight they can see condensation happening (about 1x1 feet just behind the left rear seat), not sure what is underneath this spot or had they forgotten to put insulation piece in? my trunk have also had some work done after completion on the production line (Mexico); there is an adhesive panel (about 2.5 feet by 2 feet and what looks like a few spots of putty without even smoothing it down placed on top of the trunk; big surprise after lifting the trunk carpet after I dropped something in there and went searching for it. It's ugly and seems like they wont' do anything about it, this second time they have my car for a week and awaiting for Nissan Canada to determine if they will fix it; dealer have already warned me not likely and probably be able to get my car tomorrow.

Leanguy said:
my trunk have also had some work done after completion on the production line (Mexico).

The Leaf is not made in Mexico. 2011-2012 models were all made in Japan. Since the 2013 model, Leafs bound for the US and Canadian markets are made in Smyrna, Tennessee.

Ron, thanks for the quick response.
my dealer after looking at my VIN told me it was from Mexico.
the car is at the dealer but but I believe the first few digits of the VIN will note the country of origin; I brought the car new from a dealer in Vancouver, Canada

there is an adhesive panel (about 2.5 feet by 2 feet and what looks like a few spots of putty without even smoothing it down placed on top of the trunk

Did you ever find out more about this? Just bought a second-hand Leaf (2016) and was shocked to see this after we bought it... is that a normal part of production? Was this leaf in some type of accident that didn't show up on CarFax?

My pics: https://imgur.com/a/EKRETzt

Thanks for any info!

Back