Hoshnasi
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm
Delivery Date: 22 May 2017
Location: Cerritos, California
Contact: Facebook YouTube

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 am

cwerdna wrote:
Hoshnasi wrote:02/13 delivery. I contacted Nissan, my warranty is good to July 18'

I'm confused by this. Is 2/13 the build month or the 1st original in-service date? If it's the latter, you don't have until July 2018. You have 5 years or 60K miles from OIS date, whichever comes first.


Hi, sorry for the confusion of February 2013 was the Build month. I’m guessing July was the first service date or the purchase date.
2013 SL, 06/2013 service date: AHr 43.27, SOH 66%, 9 bars

Hoshnasi
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm
Delivery Date: 22 May 2017
Location: Cerritos, California
Contact: Facebook YouTube

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:10 am

SageBrush wrote:
Hoshnasi wrote:02/13 delivery. I contacted Nissan, my warranty is good to July 18'

I don't think so.
If delivery was in fact 02/13, warranty is good until 02/18


I miss spoke February 2013 it was the build date or build month.
2013 SL, 06/2013 service date: AHr 43.27, SOH 66%, 9 bars

SeasonsAfter
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:25 pm
Delivery Date: 21 Feb 2015

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:52 pm

Hoshnasi wrote:Hi All,

I thought I would check in as I hopefully round the bases soon on my fourth bar.

02/13 delivery. I contacted Nissan, my warranty is good to July 18'

odo: 34,869
AHr= 43.14
SOH= 65%
Hx= 59.58%
381.81VV

I know the 11 & 12s dropped the fourth bar at an earlier AHr than the 13s. What is the general consensus when it should drop?

Thanks!


Your numbers are looking a lot better than mine for receiving a new battery under the warranty. My SOH is around 72%. You may want to check into what the in service date is. It seems like the manufacture date of 2/13 that the in-service date might be much closer than July.
2013 Leaf
9 of 12 bars remaining (waiting for that 4th bar drop)
manufacture date 1/2013
in service date 2/21/2013
AHr 44.83 (all updated 2/1/2018)
SOH 68%
Hx 61.85%
35k on ODO
194 GIDs on full charge

maini
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 2:47 pm
Delivery Date: 25 May 2014
Leaf Number: 339745
Location: NorCal Bay Area

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:13 pm

At what SOH is a new battery provided??
Do you need to have 4 dropped bars or is the SOH numbers that is looked into??
2014 SV Cayenne Red with LED and QC port

Hoshnasi
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm
Delivery Date: 22 May 2017
Location: Cerritos, California
Contact: Facebook YouTube

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 pm

SeasonsAfter wrote:
Hoshnasi wrote:Hi All,

I thought I would check in as I hopefully round the bases soon on my fourth bar.

02/13 delivery. I contacted Nissan, my warranty is good to July 18'

odo: 34,869
AHr= 43.14
SOH= 65%
Hx= 59.58%
381.81VV

I know the 11 & 12s dropped the fourth bar at an earlier AHr than the 13s. What is the general consensus when it should drop?

Thanks!


Your numbers are looking a lot better than mine for receiving a new battery under the warranty. My SOH is around 72%. You may want to check into what the in service date is. It seems like the manufacture date of 2/13 that the in-service date might be much closer than July.


Its been my understanding that 13' models drop their fourth at different AHr & SOH than the 11's and 12's, is that true? What numbers am I trying to get close to?

These numbers seem good enough to work with.
2013 SL, 06/2013 service date: AHr 43.27, SOH 66%, 9 bars

SeasonsAfter
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:25 pm
Delivery Date: 21 Feb 2015

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 pm

41.77AHr to 43.56AHr seems to be the numbers you need to reach.

Hard to decipher if the 2013 models (manufacture date 1/2013-4/2013) have the same numbers for the 4th bar drop as much of the wiki battery info only has 2011 and 2012 numbers.

Good luck on the 4th bar drop before warranty expiration date. My numbers I can't imagine will be able to make the 4th bar drop as I don't have quick charging on my Leaf.
2013 Leaf
9 of 12 bars remaining (waiting for that 4th bar drop)
manufacture date 1/2013
in service date 2/21/2013
AHr 44.83 (all updated 2/1/2018)
SOH 68%
Hx 61.85%
35k on ODO
194 GIDs on full charge

Hoshnasi
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm
Delivery Date: 22 May 2017
Location: Cerritos, California
Contact: Facebook YouTube

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:08 pm

SeasonsAfter wrote:41.77AHr to 43.56AHr seems to be the numbers you need to reach.

Hard to decipher if the 2013 models (manufacture date 1/2013-4/2013) have the same numbers for the 4th bar drop as much of the wiki battery info only has 2011 and 2012 numbers.
.


Thanks for the info! It seems the 13' models seem to have some kind of different secret sauce in what gets the last bar to drop.
2013 SL, 06/2013 service date: AHr 43.27, SOH 66%, 9 bars

SeasonsAfter
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:25 pm
Delivery Date: 21 Feb 2015

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:55 am

Some on this board consider the 1/2013 - 3/2013 Leafs Canary packs. Research canary on these boards and you can find some interesting details.

I need to take my Leaf to the desert and drive it like a rental car until Feb to get a degraded battery. I can't do that but could entertain someone willing to try? A leaf switch for a few months? ha
2013 Leaf
9 of 12 bars remaining (waiting for that 4th bar drop)
manufacture date 1/2013
in service date 2/21/2013
AHr 44.83 (all updated 2/1/2018)
SOH 68%
Hx 61.85%
35k on ODO
194 GIDs on full charge

Hoshnasi
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 pm
Delivery Date: 22 May 2017
Location: Cerritos, California
Contact: Facebook YouTube

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:31 am

SeasonsAfter wrote:Some on this board consider the 1/2013 - 3/2013 Leafs Canary packs. Research canary on these boards and you can find some interesting details.

I need to take my Leaf to the desert and drive it like a rental car until Feb to get a degraded battery. I can't do that but could entertain someone willing to try? A leaf switch for a few months? ha


Thanks for the tip! I hope I'll make that fourth bar before the warranty dies.
2013 SL, 06/2013 service date: AHr 43.27, SOH 66%, 9 bars

BuckMkII
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:04 am
Location: Seattle

Re: 2013-2014 bar losers and capacity losses

Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 am

warrenc wrote:Just thought I'd add my stats in here for whatever purpose it might serve. My 2013 SV was built 8/13 and went into service 10/13. Obviously a lease in San Jose, CA, I purchased it here in Olympia, WA with 84 SOH at 32K miles in May of this year.
<snip>
As of last week, it had 35,607 on the odometer, 82.38% SOH, 76.05 Hx and 53.876 AHr.

Curious. Our cars have very similar histories, except that mine had a few more miles and a little better SOH when I bought it. I'm sorry that yours seems to have suffered more since coming up here. My Hx declined some over the summer (low of 81.4 on 10/18) then ticked up to 83.7 in mid-December, although it's dropped back since (see sig).

How many GIDs are you showing at full charge? Mine was 244 +/- 1 when I first got it, now 242 +/- 1. The dashboard claims I'm getting 4.0 miles per kWh, although the LeafSpy numbers for each charge seem to lag below that, maybe because I forget to turn it on every second I'm in the car.
2013 SV no QC, built July 2013
car grew up in San Jose CA, purchased 5/31/17 in Seattle
on 6/16/17: AHr = 56.4; SOH = 86%; Hx = 84.3; ODO = 39,250
bar 12 lost 8/21/17
on 2/2/18: AHr = 56.1; SOH = 85.7%; Hx = 81.5; ODO = 44,444

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”