Backup Camera Blank

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadburner440

Well first real issue in3 years is my backup camera screen has gone blank since yesterday morning. Does anyone know if that little square cutout on the inside of where the back handle/camera assembly is located is where the plug connector is for the camera? It did it a couple times before in December, and then has been fine since. Hopefully is just a loose connector.

Just as a follow up I finally got tired of my camera randomly going blank whenever it felt like it. So a couple days ago I decided to take out that square panel in the trunk door trim to see what was back there, and low and behold it was the connections for the backup camera, and trunk handle. Put the car in camera calibration mode (turn radio off, press map 3 times, power button 2 times, and map 1 more time) so I could see if what I was doing was having some affect. On my 12' the white connector goes to the camera, and I guess over time from the rough roads in VA & me slamming the trunk closed it had worked its way lose. So far after a couple days of me and my wife driving the car it hasn't done it since, and the picture isn't fuzzy like it has been. So before heading to the dealer is something quick to try. The panel is just held in by 2 tabs, and I used a small jewelers screwdriver to pop them out.

Roadburner440 said:
Just as a follow up I finally got tired of my camera randomly going blank whenever it felt like it. So a couple days ago I decided to take out that square panel in the trunk door trim to see what was back there, and low and behold it was the connections for the backup camera, and trunk handle. Put the car in camera calibration mode (turn radio off, press map 3 times, power button 2 times, and map 1 more time) so I could see if what I was doing was having some affect. On my 12' the white connector goes to the camera, and I guess over time from the rough roads in VA & me slamming the trunk closed it had worked its way lose. So far after a couple days of me and my wife driving the car it hasn't done it since, and the picture isn't fuzzy like it has been. So before heading to the dealer is something quick to try. The panel is just held in by 2 tabs, and I used a small jewelers screwdriver to pop them out.

Good info. Thanks!

Hello

I have same problem, the camera goes blank, and sometimes come back. I have changed to new camera. But sill not working,.
Reverse light is ok.

What do i do ?

Regards
Asfaqure

I have the same problem, the camera just became black one day. I've checked all of the connectors, everything seems fine. I've even tried with a new camera and the screen still shows completely black...

Back