Please don't be an #EVHOLE - My Latest Rant Group towards...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBUYGAS

...A select group of #ElectricCAR owners who only Park but don't charge in Electric Car charging spots.

I've coined the phrase that they are EV-HOLES!!!!

If you have FaceBook and want to join in on the fun of shaming these individuals then please click below and join my Group!

http://www.EV-HOLE.com

#EVHOLE

EVHOLE.jpg

I Vow not to be an #EVHOLE!

What about you?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKlOWE9A8I8/?taken-by=ubuygas

evhole.jpg

www.EV-HOLES.com

At what point does EV etiquette dictate that you have become an EVHOLE? In other words, what is the grace period?

You plug in, someone else unplugs you just to be a jerk, who's the EVHOLE?
You plug in, your car charges fully but you only have 1 hour left to go before leaving work?
You park, are forgetful, and forget to plug in. (I wouldn't do it, but my wife can barely remember to plug in her phone daily.)

lol. Maybe there should be a 1st time stink eye warning? :D

Durandal said:
At what point does EV etiquette dictate that you have become an EVHOLE?...
You plug in, someone else unplugs you just to be a jerk, who's the EVHOLE?
You plug in, your car charges fully but you only have 1 hour left to go before leaving work?
You park, are forgetful, and forget to plug in. (I wouldn't do it, but my wife can barely remember to plug in her phone daily.)
1. Someone
2. You
3. You^2

I'm starting to think that EVSE spots should not be "convenient" parking locations. The reason why we have ICEholes and EVholes is because these spots are in convenient locations. If instead they were in the middle of a parking lot or near the back, this wouldn't be an issue. Personally I would rather walk further in a parking lot and reduce the likelihood of the spot being ICEd.

Durandal said:
I'm starting to think that EVSE spots should not be "convenient" parking locations. The reason why we have ICEholes and EVholes is because these spots are in convenient locations. If instead they were in the middle of a parking lot or near the back, this wouldn't be an issue. Personally I would rather walk further in a parking lot and reduce the likelihood of the spot being ICEd.
I agree. I also understand, like another has posted, that they do this due to access to the power. and cost of installation.

Wow! That is a great idea! It would be great for the EV charger to be out of the way. Near me, there are some stations that are located AT THE DOOR of Kohl's, and are very tempting for an EVhole to resist. Kind of like gluing a penny to the sidewalk... Not really worth it but irresistible to the right kinds of people.

I usually park at the back of the parking lot anyways because I have nice cars and don't want to put my car at the mercy of morons in parking lots.... I guess that it wont happen because possibly it costs MUCHO BUCKOS to run an underground 240v cable hundreds of feet to the back of the parking lot.. But that would be the perfect set-up.

AntronX said:
I read that license plate as "you buy gas". Should have used Y as first letter.

I'm from NJ and we like to stick it to people. And so I am telling the person behind me that they can buy gas!

ubuyga-ass.jpg

Tesla owner gets his bumper dismantled for 'parking at Supercharger without charging'
https://electrek.co/2019/07/25/tesla-owner-bumper-dismantled-parking-supercharger-without-charging/

Yeah, Kohl's and Chilis are guaranteed to be ICEd. My only problem with back lot charging areas is that it's hard for me to walk more than about 50'. The only QC station I use is in a smart distant location at a Hannaford supermarket, but it's a 150' walk each way for me. Sometimes on the return, downhill trip, I "ride" the back of the cart.

cwerdna said:
Tesla owner gets his bumper dismantled for 'parking at Supercharger without charging'
https://electrek.co/2019/07/25/tesla-owner-bumper-dismantled-parking-supercharger-without-charging/

I'm not saying it's right. But I understand. :lol:

Some Tesla owners have been known to park at a Supercharger station without plugging in, which is something that is not appreciated in the EV community, and there’s no way to incentivize them not to do it.

Au contraire. See above.

From Kansas City: I find this post interesting. We have so many more charging stations than EVs here that this is not a problem. ICE'ing is still a problem, but I've never failed to find a free charging port at any location. If an EV's in a spot, charging or otherwise, I'm happy to have them take it. A perk of trying to help the environment. Guess I'm lucky to not be on the coast...

I believe that we should have laws that enforce parking (with ticketing/towing) for two types of charging stations:
1) You must be actively charging within the last 30m at this charging spot (most charging stations)
2) You must be plugged in to be at this charging spot

I know Colorado enacted a law to solve this, but there are some situations (hotel, Sports arena, charging for employees, etc) where the owners do not expect you to go and move your car when it's done charging. You're expected to plug in, stay as long as you would, and leave at the end--even if your car finished charging halfway through. Colorado's law attempted to solve that by making an exception for Hotels, Airports, and 11pm-5am. However, I think the owner of the spot should be able to designate the charging spot rules and have them enforced.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/26/colorado-fine-ev-parking-spots/

One more reason to stay off social media, just leave a note explaining why it is bad to do this if it bothers you. 90% of the time it is ignorance (it says EV parking only on the stall so I parked there), forgetfulness (oops forgot to plug in or i forgot to disable the charge timer so it didn't charge), or schedule constraints (I plug in at the beginning of my shift and cant unplug until lunch break) that lead to people being plugged in too long or parking in an EV spot without charging.

Internet shaming is not a good solution to the majority of problems and hardly ever inflicts a proportional punishment for the crime. Either nobody gives a f*ck about your shaming and the person who did it never finds out, in which case it only satisfied your self righteous indignation. Or, in rare cases, the mob gets a hold of it (and if it happens to be the trendy thing to shame at the time) and someone loses their career/reputation over a relatively mild infraction. :roll:

So no thanks. I won't be joining that group.

Durandal said:
-
Without a doubt.

If the EA installation at my local Walmart is any indication, they have learned their lesson. It is about as far away from the entrance as possible :D

Nubo said:
cwerdna said:

I'm not saying it's right. But I understand. :lol:
-
I've read that Cal-tech has a rather brilliant freshman hazing ritual:

Freshmen have to come up with ways to keep the doors to their dorms secured. Those that fail suffer any consequences deemed appropriate. One freshman walked into his room to find that the door victors had disassembled his motorcycle and reassembled it inside his dorm. Needless to say, there was only way to get the bike out again.

At least once the freshie got the upper hand: invaders found the door had a very intricate mechanism attached. It took them hours to crack it, only to find that it was just stuck on door, which opened freely with a turn of the door knob. They left that room undisturbed.

Moral of the story ? Upper classmen can be gracious in defeat.

Back