Intermittent heater failure

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chamonixcabs

Hi

I have a 2014 teckna, the heater sometimes cuts out and will stay off no matter what i do until i plug the car back in again. Once its plugged in the heater starts working again, sometimes it will work fine for a week or two before it cuts out again.

I booked it in to my local Nissan dealer but they told me it needed to be "Not working" when i took it in which is not really possible because i dont know when its going to "not work".

One thing that i think is "not working" all the time (and which i need clarification) is the front windscreen de-mister, every time i turn it on it blows cold air (surly it should be hot to de-mist). Both the AC, HEATER and DE-MIST light come on but its not hot and the climate control is at 0.

I know when the heater isn't working because on the "energy information" screen the "climate control" is constantly at 0.

Any advise would be much appreciated, I know the heater is malfunctioning but i just need to prove it to the dealer.

To add insult to injury i live in the French Alps and its cold here, driving a car without a heater in -10 is a bit uncomfortable, AND i use it as a TAXI so unhappy customers too.

Thanks

James

Back