A/C Problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afdal

I got problem with my a/c when I start my vehicle the air from the vent is not blowing its taking around 5 to 10 min for the blower to start and as its starts most of the time I am getting the air with the heat for it and I have to increase the temperature to 30°C(86°F) and bring it back down to 20°C(68°F) for me to get the cool sometimes it starts with the cool.. When the air come with the heat I checked the a/c hose its seams cool & radiator fan is also working I think the heater might be also on .. And I have changed the cabin filter but still facing the same problem.. If any one got a solution for this problem pls help.

Where are you located? Are you trying to get heat or cooling?

If auto is turned on, what if you turn that off? I almost NEVER use auto. (On many ICEVs w/auto climate control, if you use auto and turn on the heat, they intentionally do not turn on the fan until there is sufficient heat, instead of blasting you w/cold air.)

cwerdna said:
Where are you located? Are you trying to get heat or cooling?

If auto is turned on, what if you turn that off? I almost NEVER use auto. (On many ICEVs w/auto climate control, if you use auto and turn on the heat, they intentionally do not turn on the fan until there is sufficient heat, instead of blasting you w/cold air.)
Im from Sri Lanka, im trying to get cooling, im not using auto.

I think it's pretty obvious you have some sort of A/C compressor problem. Doesn't matter if you're in "auto" or not, or if you think the heat is on: if it's warm outside and you're not getting cold air, time for a trip to the repair shop.

What year and model Leaf? It might be a control problem if you must raise temperature setting and then lower it to get cool air. What happens if you set temperature as low as possible? Is the A/C light on?

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
What year and model Leaf? It might be a control problem if you must raise temperature setting and then lower it to get cool air. What happens if you set temperature as low as possible? Is the A/C light on?

Gerry
Main problem is A/C Fan(Blower) working later around after 5 to 15mins(Sometimes working within 2 mins sometime more thn 20mins)

If the controls think you are requesting heat on a 2011 or 2012 Leaf (with heated fluid circulating system), they will delay the blower motor start for a little time (should only be a couple of minutes) to allow the water tank to heat up. The later cars with the dry heater in the dash have little delay. There should be little on no delay of the blower for cooling.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
If the controls think you are requesting heat on a 2011 or 2012 Leaf (with heated fluid circulating system), they will delay the blower motor start for a little time (should only be a couple of minutes) to allow the water tank to heat up. The later cars with the dry heater in the dash have little delay. There should be little on no delay of the blower for cooling.

Gerry
Any idea to fix this issue?

afdal said:
GerryAZ said:

Gerry

If you have something like Leaf Spy to read DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes), any error codes found may give some help. Temperature sensors for outside temperature, interior temperature, and heater fluid temperature are two-wire sensors which vary their resistance with temperature. They are easily accessible and can be easily checked with a digital multimeter. The A/C evaporator temperature sensor is similar, but it is harder to access. I would check for loose wiring connections in the entire HVAC control system and check the resistance of the temperature sensors. I would check DTCs before replacing expensive components.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
afdal said:
GerryAZ said:

Gerry

If you have something like Leaf Spy to read DTCs (diagnostic trouble codes), any error codes found may give some help. Temperature sensors for outside temperature, interior temperature, and heater fluid temperature are two-wire sensors which vary their resistance with temperature. They are easily accessible and can be easily checked with a digital multimeter. The A/C evaporator temperature sensor is similar, but it is harder to access. I would check for loose wiring connections in the entire HVAC control system and check the resistance of the temperature sensors. I would check DTCs before replacing expensive components.

Gerry

image hosting above 5 mb

You have no HVAC error codes so I suggest you check for loose connections and check resistance of temperature sensors. The resistance of the temperature sensors should all be about the same with the system off and everything at ambient temperature. The blower motor is driven by a variable speed control module. Are you able to adjust the blower speed with the control switch after it starts blowing air? If so, the variable speed control module is probably OK.

Gerry

Does the information in the below topic, sound like your situation? Several individuals commented about the compressor possibly being the problem, but it appears to be normal for the LEAF to behave this way in extremely hot weather i.e. Arizona, etc.

http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=20422

AC broke again on my 2013 Leaf S, this is the 4th time. Same problem - leaked hose. They caught this while doing the brake recall - great work for the dealership but I now lost confidence on Nissan. Why they can't fix the hose once and for all is beyond me, but nonetheless this will be my last Nissan.

Back