User avatar
Randy
Moderator
Posts: 2088
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:24 am

They don't call it "Secure Digital" (SD) card for nothing.... ;)

mafgod
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am
Delivery Date: 17 Apr 2014

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:01 am

In the site:
http://nissan.navigation.com/product/Ca ... anEMEA/GBP

We have the info how to obtain those codes from free:
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/inters ... ons_EN.pdf
by doing this:
- Menu
- Info
- Navigation Version

We can obtain the 3 codes easly in our EV:
Unit Code, Serial Number and Confirmation Code.

User avatar
rdhauser
Gold Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm
Delivery Date: 05 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5287
Location: Olympia, Washington

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:45 am

Hey, mafgod, would you do an experiment for me when you have a chance? I'd like to see what happens if someone followed those options without the SD card in the car. Can you take out your SD card and then see what happens?
Dick
2011 Glacier Pearl SLe 005287 (Gone to the Kids 5/18)
2018 White SV with Cold Weather Option 3/16/18

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9506
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:02 am

I'm pretty sure that the Confirmation Code isn't there if the card is gone.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 76,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

mafgod
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:12 am
Delivery Date: 17 Apr 2014

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:11 am

If we can get only the Unit Code and Serial Number, the Confirmation Code is easy to obtain.
For example, and following the example:
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/inters ... ons_EN.pdf
Unit Code = QY72-00ND
Serial Number = 0000-9323
Confirmation Code = 62A8

If we go to the page:
http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/crc ... ation.html
and write the Unit Code + Serial Number all together: QY7200ND00009323
select ASCII as input, we get:
CRC-CCITT (Kermit) 0x62A8

Which is:
Confirmation Code = 62A8

Is that easy :-)

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9506
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:30 am

arnis wrote:I've never tried this but applications for hard drive cloning should theoretically clone flash memory too.
Before anybody even tries something it is recommended to turn write protection switch (on the side of the card) on.

Cloning means reading every byte (even unknown or corrupt information) and writing the same on another media.


I might give that a try - I use Acronis True Image to backup and clone my HDs.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 76,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

User avatar
rdhauser
Gold Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm
Delivery Date: 05 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 5287
Location: Olympia, Washington

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:59 pm

Nice, mafgod, I just tried it with my 2011 and it worked there too. Thanks!
Dick
2011 Glacier Pearl SLe 005287 (Gone to the Kids 5/18)
2018 White SV with Cold Weather Option 3/16/18

moonblue96
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:17 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Mar 2016
Leaf Number: 009574

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:22 pm

mafgod wrote:If we can get only the Unit Code and Serial Number, the Confirmation Code is easy to obtain.
For example, and following the example:
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/inters ... ons_EN.pdf
Unit Code = QY72-00ND
Serial Number = 0000-9323
Confirmation Code = 62A8

If we go to the page:
http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/crc ... ation.html
and write the Unit Code + Serial Number all together: QY7200ND00009323
select ASCII as input, we get:
CRC-CCITT (Kermit) 0x62A8

Which is:
Confirmation Code = 62A8

Is that easy :-)


I tried this and got very excited after the code was accepted on Nissan.navigation.com. Selected overnight shipping and once I had the card I went to put it in and got the "SD unlock NG" code. A very pricey mistake. Not sure what could have gone wrong but this didn't work for me.
Any other options?

User avatar
mwalsh
Posts: 9506
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Location: Garden Grove, CA

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:36 pm

moonblue96 wrote:I tried this and got very excited after the code was accepted on Nissan.navigation.com. Selected overnight shipping and once I had the card I went to put it in and got the "SD unlock NG" code. A very pricey mistake. Not sure what could have gone wrong but this didn't work for me.
Any other options?



100% sure you input the correct data for the Serial Number and Unit Code? Make a mistake of even one character and the Confirmation Code will be different that the one the unit expects from the SD card.
2011 Blue Ocean SL with 76,000 miles.
2015 pack under warranty 12/30/15.
Tinted windows.
Bridgestone Ecopia 422+ tires.
L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
GT-R map lamp lenses.
AV L2 EVSE.

moonblue96
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:17 pm
Delivery Date: 06 Mar 2016
Leaf Number: 009574

Re: Lost your Nav SD card ? you dont know what to do ? see this !

Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:01 pm

mwalsh wrote:
moonblue96 wrote:I tried this and got very excited after the code was accepted on Nissan.navigation.com. Selected overnight shipping and once I had the card I went to put it in and got the "SD unlock NG" code. A very pricey mistake. Not sure what could have gone wrong but this didn't work for me.
Any other options?



100% sure you input the correct data for the Serial Number and Unit Code? Make a mistake of even one character and the Confirmation Code will be different that the one the unit expects from the SD card.


Yes, made sure to triple check prior to purchasing.
SET: QY7200ND
SNO: 00011498
confirmation code that came from http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/crc ... ation.html : 8090

The nissan page accepted all the numbers and went to the payment page. I thought it seemed too easy. Now I'm bummed.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”