Rusting Front Seat Driver side main floor bolt ??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexki

2015 Leaf - 1 year and 8 months since birth - Just noticed that the center line main back bolt is rusting on the driver side seat that hold the seat to the car. The other 7 main seat bolts are looking relatively brand new. Water saturation from the interior appears not to be the problem.

My guess is:

1. its a leak from the underside as many have reported with the Altima leaking from some "underside hole"

2. Electrical activation or acid is occurring on the bolt similar in appearance to a rusted battery acid bolt on a ICE car that straps the battery to the car. If this is the case then this is very serious.

No matter what these 4 main bolts for each seat have to maintain full strength to protect the passengers in the event of Newton's Law of motion.

Update: 9/21/16 - replaced bolt with OEM Nissan bolt and it appears the bolt was only corroding fro the top. Will continue to keep an eye. Noticed the design of thee metal around the bold - the main seat bracket rail front to back has the bolt sitting at the bottom of a cup. Honda design design not cup the bolt so that any moisture or fluid can run away from thee bolt as opposed to the Nissan of a storage pond around the bolt?

Back