Jiggle/Buzz Under the Dashboard

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

I'm a noise-o-phobe, and notice sounds that others don't, and there's a noise from under the dashboard on the driver's side, close to the window, that I don't like.

It sounds a little like a sick bee giving out a weak buzz. It's related to the pavement. If the pavement is smooth, it doesn't happen. Sometimes I think it's related to the something in the passenger compartment fan. It seems worse at the beginning of a drive.

Has anyone experienced this and figured out the cause/solution?

Thanks,

Al

I would just take it in to get it fixed under warranty.

My '13 has an intermittent sort of buzz/rattle that seems to be coming from around/behind the eyebrow display, usually on rougher pavement and happens more easily when cold. Unfortunately, dealer made attempts to fix it that held for a bit, but returned after my 3 year/36K basic warranty ended.

My '86 Civic Si developed a maddening buzzing sound on the road while still under warranty. The dealership looked at it several times and didn't find it. Eventually I figured out that it was a broken mounting pin on a piece of plastic exterior trim that was vibrating in the wind. I don't know that dealerships are the best at finding little noises like that...

My car had a noise under the floor (like something is under the floor mat).
Went to the dealer 3 times to get that resolved. First they said there is no noise.
Then I went again and proved that there is noise while technician was sitting with me.
On the second attempt they found a nut that was not tightened.

But that was not the reason.
On the third attempt they removed the carpet and found a regular bolt on the floor, rolling around and having fun.

It was all warranty covered. Dealer threatened after second attempt that if they find an M&M somewhere under the seat I will pay for labor :mrgreen:

Back