Rim / tire replacement advice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cresxxl

Hey guys,

My 2014 Leaf unfortunately hit a curb when parking and it seems that I did some damage to the rim and / or the tire of one wheel. The check tire pressure light is constantly on though the tire isn't flat and the pressure seems to be fine.
Do any of you have experience dealing with this? Any ideas how much it would cost to change the tire plus rim? Hoping to get your insights before I go to the dealership (and possibly get ripped off :/) thanks!
IMG_1012.jpg

That really doesn't look like anything more than cosmetic damage. My guess is that the "check tire pressure" warning coming on is a coincidence.

So, have you checked your tire pressure, in ALL of the tires? Also, it wouldn't hurt to get Leaf Spy and see what it reports for the tire pressures. Then you'd be able to tell if it's reporting a low pressure, or if one of your tire pressure sensors died.

I f you are referring to the scratches on the silver plastic wheel covers, those are normal scrapes. It may be a coincidence that the tire pressure light went on, but make sure that the pressures on all tires are about 40 psi.. It may have happened that your valve stem hit the curb and the tire pressure sensor was affected (that is where the pressure sensor is, on the valve).

Anyway, you WILL NOT need to change any tires or wheel rims, just have a mechanic check that the sensor is working. If the sensor is not working right, DO NOT HAVE IT FIXED THERE.... Go to Nissan and have them fix the faulty sensor under warrantee... If it was due to impact damage, then YOU would have to pay for the repairs...

Back