Question: Pre-heating the 2013 'S'

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SageBrush

Car is in the garage, hooked up to a 240v charger that is not active.
Wife wants to pre-heat the car 10 minutes before taking off
No Nav, no Car wings

What steps should she take to activate heating while using the the 240v supply for the power ?

You need to turn set and turn on the climate control timer and it's a pain in the butt on the S.

See page 4-12 and a few pages after of the '13 Leaf manual. Search also for "Climate Ctrl. Timer" in the PDF. Manuals can be downloaded from https://owners.nissanusa.com/nowners/navigation/manualsGuide. I believe there's no way to set the temperature for that timer on the S. It's only possible on '13+ SV and SL via the nav screen.

You can find older threads on this by Googling and Binging for site:mynissanleaf.com climate control timer s trim.

Hi Cwerda,
Thanks for the help and pointers

I had read the manual pages you mention, but I could not figure out how to pre-heat ad-hoc.
As in, "car, go through the pre-heat NOW, please."

This is analogous (in my mind anyway) to setting the charge timer but then telling the car to not wait this time around.

Failing that choice, can she turn on the types of heating she wants while the car is plugged in but not charging ?
Does she simply turn the car on* (but not ready to drive), even though the charger is plugged in ?
Does she have to remember to press the power button while the foot is not on the brake ? My wife is a creature of habit, and will not take well to having to remember different start-up sequences for heating Vs driving.

* I have forgotten the correct terms. In an ICE the accessories are ON but the ICE is not. One click turn of the key, not two.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23033
Simple as getting in car, pressing timer-override button and holding down brake and push power button and set heat to what you want.
Note once you unplug the car you will need to restart car(hold down brake and push power button) to be able to move.
I'm not positive pushing the timer-override button necessary but I believe if you don't and the charging has stopped from being previously plugged it, it may not take power from the wall but rather the battery.

SageBrush said:
Does she simply turn the car on* (but not ready to drive), even though the charger is plugged in ?
Does she have to remember to press the power button while the foot is not on the brake ? My wife is a creature of habit, and will not take well to having to remember different start-up sequences for heating Vs driving.
Yes, this works on the S. When you go thru the normal start sequence plugged into a charger, everything powers up but the car does not enter drive mode (i.e. the lighted car symbol does not become visible). When this occurs, most controls including the climate control system are operational.

Back