Turning off the Replace AC Filter reminder

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commasense

Our 2013 SL just passed 24,000 miles, so now a reminder to change the AC air filter comes up on the navigation screen every time we start the car. I've changed the filter, but haven't found how to turn off the nag.

Anyone?

I don't have a 2013. If I remember correctly, maintenance alerts are in the settings menu in the navigation window or in the driver's display.

Agree with 91040. For my 2012SL all the maintenance reminders are found in the settings menu on the nav head; the 2013 may be different. For details, suggest checking your navigation manual (yeah, I know, it's an inch thick!).

Since my 2011 and 2015 SL use the same procedure, this should apply to all Models with navigation:
1. Press MENU button (physical button beside navigation display).
2. Touch INFO item.
3. Touch MAINTENANCE item.
4. Touch the item you wish to reset or change mileage level for reminder.

Thanks. All fixed.

From my experience with other cars, I assumed that it would be like clearing a dash warning light, where I'd have to do some combination of pushing buttons while turning the ignition on or off. It didn't occur to me to just go into the menus. :oops:

commasense said:
...where I'd have to do some combination of pushing buttons while turning the ignition on or off.
It has been my experience that, as anything that has to do with the LEAF Nav Head, it helps to do the following in order first:

1- grab your RIGHT earlobe with your LEFT hand
2- use your LEFT foot to apply the brakes
3- put your RIGHT leg over the console with your RIGHT foot in the passenger area
4- close your RIGHT eye
5- mumble incantations of your choice, praising the engineering ingenuity displayed by making the user interface as non-intuitive as is available in the marketplace.
6- try to make desired changes to menu items.
7- take the car to your dealer and make them do it.

:lol:

I was thinking about calling the dealership if I hadn't gotten an answer here, but I wasn't optimistic they'd have the answer either. Or that they'd be helpful, since I hadn't bought the car from them. But we're good now.

Thanks again.

Back