Coolant Leak from Reservoir Hose Crack

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hkspeed

Hello Everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster here. Anyone experience a cracked and leaking coolant reservoir hose? I have a 2012 SL. The thin hose from the left coolant tank to the overflow reservoir developed 2 tiny cracks, which caused a small coolant leak. The cracks must be pin-sized, causing a very tiny spray leak. No coolant on the garage floor. Both reservoirs tanks (left and right) are full, and overflow reservoir is above the MIN line. Is this common for Leafs? I couldn't find anything about this by searching the forum. I ordered the replacement part from Nissan USA's website.
Vhjyxtf.jpg

ABhc5Jn.jpg

2lqWxGk.jpg

Since the overflow tube does not have system pressure in it, you could clean the hose and wrap it with electrical tape to get by until the new part arrives. I have been on the forum for a long time and I don't recall prior posts on this so I doubt that it is a common issue (although it may become more common as the cars age).

GerryAZ said:
Since the overflow tube does not have system pressure in it, you could clean the hose and wrap it with electrical tape to get by until the new part arrives. I have been on the forum for a long time and I don't recall prior posts on this so I doubt that it is a common issue (although it may become more common as the cars age).

Thanks for the suggestion. I covered the smaller cracker with electrical tape, and rubber patch (for bike inner tubes) on the larger crack. Looks like this is the result of mice, because I found droppings on top of the motor. Upon closer inspection of the tube, the cracks are chew marks. I ordered a replacement hose from a local dealer.

Back