rear wiper missing the center

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estomax

hey guys, there aren't a lot of parts to this, but i feel like i have a bad spring or wiper arm holder. I replaced the wiper blade already thinking that might have been defective, but it made no difference. Anyone have an issue like this? see picture below.

GWVmd1i.jpg

cheers,
Marko

What was the recent outside air temp? Mine does that when it's cold. A bit of ice ont he wiper i expect and as you said likely a wimpy spring. Also how old is the car? HAs it sat in the sun? Might be the plastic has stiffened due to UV. Just guesses really.

its a 2013 from california and did this ever since i purchased in february, temps that it has been in are 35-55, no ice. I suppose it could be due to the colder temps but my coworkers leaf doesnt do it in the same temperatures that we are in (side by side).

i am thinking of taking the arm apart and inspecting it, taking it back to the dealer seems like a hassle.

thanks for ideas!
Marko

im gonna pop off the rear hatch plastic panel and take a look if i can adjust the arm from there at all.

estomax said:
hey guys, there aren't a lot of parts to this, but i feel like i have a bad spring or wiper arm holder. I replaced the wiper blade already thinking that might have been defective, but it made no difference. Anyone have an issue like this? see picture below.

cheers,
Marko

Did you replace the whole blade assembly, or just put a new rubber refill on the existing blade?

NJ20fourteenSV said:
Is the tip of the wiper hitting the roof wing at the top of the sweep?
I'd guess that. The Leaf uses a rather odd(very small) wiper blade, 10" and a Rock3 mount. I tried an 11" blade as I couldn't find any 10" blades locally and it did just that, it hit on the top of the sweep. I finally ended up ordering the correct one off Amazon and it's worked great ever since, ~$10 which kind of slayed me as you can get 20" blades for a couple bucks at some stores but anytime you get into the extremes on sizing prices also go to the extreme :( At least it was a quality blade, probably better than a $3 big box 20" blade(or I'd hope so, time will tell).

i replaced the whole assembly, but maybe i got another 'bum' or bad design one. what one did you get off Amazon jjeff? Might be worth spending 10 bucks before i tear into it :)

Marko

estomax said:
i replaced the whole assembly, but maybe i got another 'bum' or bad design one. what one did you get off Amazon jjeff? Might be worth spending 10 bucks before i tear into it :)

Marko
When I get home from work I'll get you a link of the one I got, not many choices for 10" but this one fit like OEM. It was the rubber blade and what holds it, not the whole arm that attaches to the lower part of the glass.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014K09SPS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is the one I got, only took seconds to install and works well. Note it was $10.89 when I ordered it a few weeks ago, now it's dropped to $9.16 :( Amazon! well I just ordered a spare :lol:

update: Amazon also sells this Denco wiper, not the best reviews and the listing is not so good, says it will fit my '13 but not '12 even though they use the same blade :? but a Google search made me think it's the correct Roc3 mount, so I'd think it would fit. It's several dollars more than the above but just thought I'd point it out to you, I have no personal experience with the blade or brand.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NPZST32/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2FOFVDA67L13W&coliid=I20BK1KCM7BLS7

I bought the Denso unit off Amazon for $13.45 a year ago. At that time, it was the only option available. It went on fairly easy, and seems to work just fine.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and got the Trico one off Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014K09SPS/?tag=myelecarfor-20&

this fixed the issue! i assume i had a cheapo wiper from RockAuto and that was just not built to snuff for the rear window design on the Leaf. If anyone else has this problem then the Trico i can vouch for working..

cheers
Marko

Back