Inability to download Service Manual

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtegg

I've tried 3 different browsers (on a mac) to no avail. I have subscribed to Nissan Techinfo.

All I get is the fwd.pdf document. How do you download the service manual?

I had to use Internet Explorer on Windows to get it to work right.

fwd.pdf has links to PDF URLs. These don't seem to work in either Acrobat Reader, or most browsers. Just IE here. I tried Firefox and Chrome without luck. Anyone else?

Then, it's a bit tedious. You have to click on each of the links in fwd.pdf, wait for that PDF to load, and save it to disk. Once you have them all saved in one directory, you can open fwd.pdf and click from there.

I'm glad this is as easy as it is. Other manufacturers make it much more difficult to save the docs. I think it's intended to be accessible for that day only, so I wouldn't complain too loudly if you can't save the PDFs.

I think it is in sections ... you need to navigate to each section separately ... to get there you need to use the index on the left side ... if that does not properly work for you ... you'll have to temporarily "drop down" to a Windows PC with IE.

Got it figured, fortunately the didn't layer the pdfs but it is a flat directory.

Just do the following to get the manual:

After fwd.pdf
Go by the first letters in the black bars (e.g. GI.pdf - for General Information, EVC - EV Control System). Keep the path and just change the filename before the extension.

I'm downloading the stuff now. Thanks for the help.

Back