2015 S Trim, cold air coming out the vents and AC off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boppo

Hi All,
When going down the road if I put my hands on the vents you can feel cold air coming out but the AC is turned off and the blower is off also. I turned on the fan button and made sure the heat and the AC buttons were off and then turned it off.

It was 65 outside today and the sun warmed up the inside of the car. It sure does feel like the AC is on but just not blowing. If I turn on the AC you can see the mileage drop which it should and go up when you turn it off.

Anyone out there seen this problem before or maybe it's not a problem.

Thank you

LeftieBiker said:
It is most likely just cool outside air coming in. If it stops when you press Recirculate then that's all it is.
This is correct. I use this feature all the time for using no battery but still getting a bit of air, either for cooling or window defogging. Kind of like a ICE where you don't run any fan and air is pushed only by you traveling, as soon as you stop so does the air. As you said to stop air flow, simply select recirc before turning off climate control.

jjeff said:
LeftieBiker said:
It is most likely just cool outside air coming in. If it stops when you press Recirculate then that's all it is.
This is correct. I use this feature all the time for using no battery but still getting a bit of air, either for cooling or window defogging. Kind of like a ICE where you don't run any fan and air is pushed only by you traveling, as soon as you stop so does the air. As you said to stop air flow, simply select recirc before turning off climate control.

Fun fact: the Bolt seems to lack this feature. If you turn off the climate control fan, you supposedly get zero fresh air coming in.

One of the enraging aspects of my previous car was that its design hadn't provided for this sort of flow-through ventilation; the only way you could take fresh air aboard was to run the fan. But it got better: the notion of leaving a vent hole or two somewhere in the rear floor was beyond its designers' imaginations. So if you DID run the fan to pull in outside air, it would pressurize the cabin to the point that the "fresh/recirc" flapper valve (controlled by a mechanical push/pull cable and a lever) would be driven into the "recirc" position.

Levenkay said:
One of the enraging aspects of my previous car was that its design hadn't provided for this sort of flow-through ventilation; the only way you could take fresh air aboard was to run the fan. But it got better: the notion of leaving a vent hole or two somewhere in the rear floor was beyond its designers' imaginations. So if you DID run the fan to pull in outside air, it would pressurize the cabin to the point that the "fresh/recirc" flapper valve (controlled by a mechanical push/pull cable and a lever) would be driven into the "recirc" position.
And that would explain why it's a "previous" car. :D

Back