2013 Leaf Single Click When Braking

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyHarris

Hey everyone,

New Leaf owner here as of April 8! I'm excited to have purchased my used 2013 Leaf S to join the EV club, but I have a clicking issue. Well, I won't be taking it in for a full inspection until next week sometime, but I figure I could ask about this beforehand to know if it's stupid to ask about or not!

Whenever I first start driving the Leaf (always happens in regular mode, haven't driven in B mode enough to notice it there), the first time I brake and slow down to about 3-6mph I hear a single click come from the front left of the car. I've heard it from the front right sometimes as well, but not as often. It occurs without me turning the wheel. Allow me to narrate it for you:

1. Get in car and power on.
2. Reverse out of parking space
3. Accelerate towards road (no faster than 20mph) from parking lot.
4. I approach a stop sign at the end of the parking lot where the road is.
5. Apply the brakes to slow down to a rolling stop (3-6mph).
6. *CLICK*
7. Stop completely.
8. Accelerate and join the road traffic.

I keep thinking it has something to do with the regenerative braking mechanism (since I don't hear the clicks when reversing), but I'm no mechanic and I could be completely wrong.

The car drives perfectly fine and it's been the best used car purchase I've experienced! (Even considering I purchased it out of state and had to drive it almost 150 miles homes on its maiden voyage).

Anyways, any assistance would be appreciated!

See this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=13583

My dealer performed ntb12-055b on my 2014 Leaf that made clicking sounds like what you describe. It solved the issue.

Back