No charging (started/stopped) emails in last few days?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsbca

I tried tacking this on to another thread but I think it got lost in the shuffle.

Anybody else had a lack of charging started/stopped messages from the portal/carwings over the last 3-4 days? Along with (I think) the plug-in reminder if you park near your EVSE but don't plug in right away. Mine have completely dried up. No configuration changes. The car is still communicating - I can request status, but am not seeing the automatic emails. They were very consistent for the first two weeks. If anyone did get a 'charging stopped' email, say, last night (1/19-1/20), I'd like to know.

wsbca said:
If anyone did get a 'charging stopped' email, say, last night (1/19-1/20), I'd like to know.

Yes, I get those. Stopped the "Plug In Reminder" messages myself. Never have gotten a "Charge On" email - didn't even know that was an option. Edit: Hmm, guess it is an option, and an option I've got checked too. Never received a single one.

I take it you've checked your settings in the Owner's Portal? If those check out, I would suspect spam filtering by your service provider or your own email client (check your spam and/or trash folder).

mwalsh said:
wsbca said:
If anyone did get a 'charging stopped' email, say, last night (1/19-1/20), I'd like to know.

Yes, I get those. Stopped the "Charging Location Nearby" messages myself. Never have gotten a "Charging Started" email - didn't even know that was an option.

I take it you've checked your settings in the Owner's Portal? If those check out, I would suspect spam filtering by your service provider or your own email client (check your spam and/or trash folder).

Owner's portal settings are unchanged, and double checked. Mail is gmail, it was happy with them while they were arriving, and I've double checked spam/trash etc. The emails seemed to get intermittent and then dried up. That is to say, I had definitely seen gaps before where they didn't occur, but now I haven't received any for about 4 days.

The only one I have disabled is "vehicle status" which sends an email every time the portal (directly or due to iphone inquiry) updates the charge status display - that was a little redundant since I was the one initiating the status requests. That's actually the one I could use for testing....I'll turn it back on and request updates and see what happens.

I get the status update email in my gmail. (Rather silly, but proves the portal email is working.)

But I've never gotten a charging email, even though I turned those options on.

wsbca said:
...I haven't received any for about 4 days.

The only one I have disabled is "vehicle status" which sends an email every time the portal (directly or due to iphone inquiry) updates the charge status display - that was a little redundant since I was the one initiating the status requests. That's actually the one I could use for testing....I'll turn it back on and request updates and see what happens.

OK, I just went in and toggled the 'vehicle status' emails back on (all others have been on).. I then requested a status update in the portal, and sure enough the "status updated" email showed up almost immediately.

But, as described, no charging start or charging stop emails last night or for the previous 3 or so nights. Presumably those have to be triggered by the car...I'd suspect cell coverage except they worked great for the first two weeks, and status requests initiated by me work fine when the car is in the same location (garage).

So I guess the question remains, am I alone in (just recently) not receiving charging started/stopped?

I've just gone through and toggled everything off, saved the configuration, toggled everything back on, and saved once again. I guess we'll see what happens the next time I charge (not until Sunday, unfortunately).

I haven't gotten any notifications on charging ... but my son did a manual update last night and I got an email:

status updated

the status for MyLeaf was successfully updated.
And I just turned on the climate control in a PC Browser and got an email:

climate control on

the climate control for MyLeaf has been activated on charger power. your Nissan LEAF™ will soon reach a comfortable temperature.
( I watched the KAW (L1 is still plugged in after an overnight charge to 100%) ... the second light came on on the L1 ... the KAW slowly built up to 1440watt draw. On the console I now have blinking timer light, and the following lights are ON: A/C, Recirculate; Auto. )

wsbca said:
OK, I just went in and toggled the 'vehicle status' emails back on (all others have been on).. I then requested a status update in the portal, and sure enough the "status updated" email showed up almost immediately.

But, as described, no charging start or charging stop emails last night or for the previous 3 or so nights. Presumably those have to be triggered by the car...I'd suspect cell coverage except they worked great for the first two weeks, and status requests initiated by me work fine when the car is in the same location (garage).

So I guess the question remains, am I alone in (just recently) not receiving charging started/stopped?

Ack! I had to go goof with mine. Now no longer getting the charge on/complete emails now either!

Does the LEAF indicate the "bars" (signal strength) of the cell-data coverage?

Presumably, it should at least warn you of low "bars", so that you would know if you are parking in a weak, or no-coverage area.

This sounds to me like a definite CarWings problem, not something you did or failed to do. They need to know about it and fix it. Is there away to report such problems on a website or an email address to report stuff to?

I have received 102 emails from my car since Jan 4. The types of emails were: Charging Stopped, Plug-in Reminder, Charging Complete, and Status Updated. I've never received a Climate Control message (never tried that on the timer), and never received a Charge On email, but I do have the box checked....

Randy

As reported by a few others, charging stopped emails seem to have resumed, I got one last night.

But suddenly this morning (with no changes to the car, it worked fine last night) I've got another problem - Carwings seems to be jacked up. The car itself on startup this morning, and the Owners portal are both failing to communicate. When I click on vehicle status in the Portal, I get:

CARWINGS™ PIN and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) do not match.

Your CARWINGS™ PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your CARWINGS™ PIN and password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the CARWINGS™ functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help.

Anybody else encountering this? I'm going to guess maybe not since I see no other mention of it on the forum yet and it's relatively late in the morning.

The carwings login failures (car and portal) we're suddenly experiencing today is apparently tied to the attempts to fix our lack of charging started and stopped emails - something got bolluxed with the PIN or VIN in the system in a way that the US-based support can't modify, so they've actually had to escalate it to Japan, and will contact me when it's fixed. So I guess we won't be adding to our tree count in the rankings today...

I got 3x "Charging Stopped" emails today (as expected).

(BTW: Pilot error (me). I did not realize you have to turn on two functions in CarWings in the car, including a location specified for "unplugged". Once I fixed that, I got the "Charging Stopped" emails. Before, all I got was "Status updated" and "Climate on/off".)

I got my first "charging started" email today. The car charged to 80% as usual last night, but I went in via OP/Carwings and turned on charging this morning. Got a charging started email immediately. It must be my manual override on the timer that generated the email, since charging stopped and started twice last night w/o sending a charging started email.

Incidentally, I only got two charging stopped emails last night versus my usual three. I presume the difference was that I had no heater timer set for Saturday, unlike Monday-Friday.

Ordinarily, the sequence looks like this:

Plug in car at 5:00 PM. Timer is set to end 80% charge by 5:00 AM; climate control timer told I'm leaving at 6:00 AM
11:00 PM charging starts (six hours prior to end charge timer)
1:50 AM charging ends. End charge email sent.
3:00 AM charging occurs for one minute. End charge email sent.
4:00 AM charging occurs for one minute. End charge email sent.

5:35 AM heater (and EVSE) turn on. No email.
6:00 AM I turn off EVSE and get in the car to go to work. No emails sent.

-Karl

Back