webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Can't connect to the car to check the status. Worked 2 weeks ago.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:25 am

Hi folks. We are away from our leaf right now. It is in our garage. I normally check it every couple weeks to see how the charge is. It has been holding around 62 percent. Now I am not able to connect. I get a message that says "unable to update vehicle status at this time". Normally what I do is I bring up the app and it always reads zero km and zero percent. Then I hit update and it jumps to the real status (62 percent two weeks ago). Anything I can do before we get back home. We have somebody at the house but not familiar with the leaf.

Thanks all.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Re: Can't connect to the car to check the status. Worked 2 weeks ago.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:18 am

The remote access hardware goes dormant after two weeks. I think the car must be powered on every two weeks to keep the EV Connect hardware active, but maybe a remote update is enough. The only way to wake up the remote access hardware after it goes dormant is to power on the car. I don't know if just turning on to Accessory is enough or if it must get to Ready Mode (foot on brake and push start).
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

webeleafowners
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2015

Re: Can't connect to the car to check the status. Worked 2 weeks ago.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:34 am

GerryAZ wrote:The remote access hardware goes dormant after two weeks. I think the car must be powered on every two weeks to keep the EV Connect hardware active, but maybe a remote update is enough. The only way to wake up the remote access hardware after it goes dormant is to power on the car. I don't know if just turning on to Accessory is enough or if it must get to Ready Mode (foot on brake and push start).

Thanks Gerry. That is very helpful. I don’t really need to check it. I was more worried about there being a problem. I think the car is at 62 percent so the vampire drain should be fine over the next 10 weeks.
2015 Smart Electric Drive convertible.
2016 Nissan Leaf SV 30KWh
EV only Family...well except for the big diesel motorhome. :shock:

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”