bmont
Delivery Date: 01 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 006174

Access Data - Electric Problem

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:29 am

Hello guys,

I had an accident with my Nissan Leaf (2011) and i need to access to the information of the vehicle during the accident. I will describe to you what happen:

On February 2016 I stopped the car with P (Park) and handbrake, when i open the door the car starts accelerates on his own unexpectedly. So i close the door immediately. I start using the foot brake but instead of slowing down the car increased the speed. I kept using the foot brake and also the hand brake (electric brake) but the car did not react. I try to put the gears on Neutral (N) but it stays on D. I even pressed the "start / stop" button for a few seconds to shutdown the car but nothing works.
With no control over the car, finally the car crashed violently into a vehicle that was parked and also to a wall.

I have the car several months on the Nissan in Portugal but they didn't do nothing with the car. Right now i have the car in my possession and i want to discover some information like Acceleration, Braking, etc... to discover what really happen to the car.

I want to ask for your help if you can give me some tips to access this kind of information to discover what really happen.

Regards

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Access Data - Electric Problem

Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:02 pm

You have to contact Nissan directly, but they don't generally release their black box info.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

bmont

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

I already try to contact with Nissan and they dont do nothing. Do you know anybody that can access the black box??

Tnks

Levenkay
Delivery Date: 11 Aug 2018
Leaf Number: 308382

Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 pm

bmont wrote:I already try to contact with Nissan and they dont do nothing.
So what DID they do?

bmont

Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 am

Unfortunately they do nothing at all. The car stayed on Nissan during 6 months at the same place on open air with rain entering inside the car.
I notice that no one open the car because the interior was cover with glass and parts of the car.
The only parts that were missing when i pick the car was the headlight and the windshields wipers.
Finally i ask Nissan for the Report but i only receive a letter saying "...The car has the normal parameters..."

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”