heat pump cycling excessively

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estomax

Hey Guys,

My 2013 heatpump, in ~40F weather, seems to turn on and off every 5-10 seconds. I can hear it click and watch the climate power gauge to verify that the pump goes off, and comes on at 250-350 watts, and then goes off, and on, continuously. Really noticeable when i am stopped without too much ambient noise and the radio is off.

i just drove my friends Leaf, which is also a 2013, and noticed his car does the same thing. Has anyone dug into why the heat pump is cycling so much? seems like a good way to wear out the relay, if not the pump itself.

thanks,
Marko

For engine-powered air conditioner compressors, excessive cycling can result from being overcharged (pressure too high).

But you said you heard the same thing on two different units, so I kind of doubt that. I haven't noticed it on mine, but I haven't listened closely.

I'm sitting in a parking lot in a 2018 Leaf right now, listening to the heat pump cycling on and off every 5-10 seconds. Like you, I'm watching the Energy Usage screen and the "Climate Control" gauge goes from 0 to ~300 watts every time it cycles on, then back to 0 when it cycles off. It's all I can hear sitting hear with the radio off.

Back