backtolifeback
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:40 pm
Delivery Date: 02 Apr 2018

Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:06 pm

Is there any way to disable the automatic door lock when it reaches 15mph or 24 km/h?

I can't seem to find anything in the manual or the driver settings to do this.

thanks

baustin
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162
Location: North Las Vegas, NV

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:09 pm

It is a safety feature. If it can be disabled, you probably need Dealer Assistance to get it done.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

cwerdna
Posts: 7984
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:12 pm

Unknown what model year the OP has, but on pre-'18 Leafs, it can be disabled via Leaf Spy Pro via the service screen that must be enabled via settings.

Otherwise, it'll need to be a dealer service dept visit.

'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)
'06 Prius

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

ElectricEddy
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:42 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:56 pm

backtolifeback wrote:Is there any way to disable the automatic door lock when it reaches 15mph or 24 km/h?

I can't seem to find anything in the manual or the driver settings to do this.

thanks

The automatic lock system has 2 types ; (1) All doors are locked when the vehicle speed reaches 24 km/h (15 MPH) and (2) All doors are locked when shifting the select lever from the P position to any other position other than P.

The automatic door lock function ON/OFF can be switched by performing the following operation.
1. Close all doors (door switch off)
2. Power switch OFF-ON
3. Press and hold the door lock and unlock switch (the little switch with the 2 padlocks on it in the drivers armrest) for 5 seconds or more in the lock direction within 20 seconds after turning the power switch ON.
4. The switching complete when the hazard lamp blinks.
OFF-ON : 2 blinks
ON-OFF : 1 blink
Quoted from DLK-23 service manual 16 leaf available at

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/deptsubs.aspx
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

backtolifeback
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:40 pm
Delivery Date: 02 Apr 2018

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:19 pm

ElectricEddy wrote:
backtolifeback wrote:Is there any way to disable the automatic door lock when it reaches 15mph or 24 km/h?

I can't seem to find anything in the manual or the driver settings to do this.

thanks

The automatic lock system has 2 types ; (1) All doors are locked when the vehicle speed reaches 24 km/h (15 MPH) and (2) All doors are locked when shifting the select lever from the P position to any other position other than P.

The automatic door lock function ON/OFF can be switched by performing the following operation.
1. Close all doors (door switch off)
2. Power switch OFF-ON
3. Press and hold the door lock and unlock switch (the little switch with the 2 padlocks on it in the drivers armrest) for 5 seconds or more in the lock direction within 20 seconds after turning the power switch ON.
4. The switching complete when the hazard lamp blinks.
OFF-ON : 2 blinks
ON-OFF : 1 blink
Quoted from DLK-23 service manual 16 leaf available at

https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/deptsubs.aspx


My issue is (1) All doors are locked when the vehicle speed reaches 24 km/h (15 MPH)

I will try your instructions and report back.

thanks.

backtolifeback
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:40 pm
Delivery Date: 02 Apr 2018

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:10 pm

I followed the instructions and was having trouble, so I stopped by a Nissan dealership who knew nothing about it. I showed him the instructions. He tried it 2 times. The 2nd time worked!

Thanks Electriceddy! :)

armmynissanleaf
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:27 pm
Delivery Date: 05 Feb 2014

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:30 pm

It's a safety feature, why would you like to disable it? My car's door-lock is not disabled.
Always do acts of kindness in this world.
TorqueNews Nissan

ElectricEddy
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:42 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:06 pm

backtolifeback wrote:I followed the instructions and was having trouble, so I stopped by a Nissan dealership who knew nothing about it. I showed him the instructions. He tried it 2 times. The 2nd time worked!

Thanks Electriceddy! :)

Happy it worked for you . Hope you didn't have to pay them to do it :o
The service manual link I provided is well worth the $20 , 24H to download the large PDFs and related TSBs.
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

ElectricEddy
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:42 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2016
Leaf Number: 313506
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:08 pm

armmynissanleaf wrote:It's a safety feature, why would you like to disable it? My car's door-lock is not disabled.

Save wear and tear on the actuators
Pearl White Sl
mfd date 09/16

jjeff
Posts: 1689
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am
Delivery Date: 13 Jul 2014
Leaf Number: 422121
Location: MSP MN

Re: Disabling Automatic Door Locks at 24km/hr

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:14 pm

ElectricEddy wrote:
armmynissanleaf wrote:It's a safety feature, why would you like to disable it? My car's door-lock is not disabled.

Save wear and tear on the actuators

+1
And it's a PIA when dropping someone off, to have to try and find that damn unlit door unlock button in the dark :x
2012 SL purchased used 2/'16
2013 S w/QC purchased new
Juicebox Premium 60a L1/L2 EVSE, Ebusbar 16a L1/L2 EVSE
'12 EVSEupgrade'd 20a L1/L2 EVSE, '13 EVSEupgrade'd adjustable 6-20a L2, 6-13a L1 EVSE
Zencar 13, 20, 30a L1/L2 portable EVSE
GE Durastation 30a

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”