Tire Rotation: Anything other than the obvious?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbshn41

Doing a tire rotation on my 2013 Leaf S tomorrow as it’s due. More than capable and have everything needed....except is there anything that I need to do with the TPMS? Previously the dealership did these for me, but I’ve relocated to the desert, and not driving the 54 miles have it done..

The LEAF owner's manual says to rotate front to back only and LeafSpy Pro has a built-in rotation setting for that - if you care about that.

alozzy said:
The LEAF owner's manual says to rotate front to back only and LeafSpy Pro has a built-in rotation setting for that - if you care about that.

I'm aware that the tires go front to back, but as far as the TPMS goes, does the 2013 have location specific TPMS? If I rotate the tires, am I going to get warning lights, etc? That was the basis of my post.

The previous posters are, of course, right. You won't have any issues.

In the event of a lfat, however, your car may get confused. It may tell you that the rear is flat when the front is flat. That's as bad as it could get. Let's hope you don't get a flat, period.

The other thing worth noting is that many people prefer to pump their Ecopias up to 40PSI or higher. It seems to give longer life on a heavy car like the Leaf.

Otherwise, it's just like rotating tires on any other car.

Bob

Bob said:
In the event of a flat, however, your car may get confused. It may tell you that the rear is flat when the front is flat.

FYI note, TPMS transducers are not synced with a particular wheel transceiver. Each wheel sensor has a very short Tx/Rx range and will connect to any TPMS wheel transducer that it gets a response from even it is moved from one wheel well to another.

Glad to hear that everything is fine with the OPs situation.

Back