EV System Warning light after Fast Charge - temporary

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flydiver

2014 SL, 12,000 miles. Bought used, had about 2 months. Appears to be in fantastic shape and works great.

The short story. Charged at a Blink Fast Charge station, first time ever for me. Had just been driven 65 miles. 100%>29% charge.
Upon booting after got the [EV System Warning light]! ???? Never seen that before.
Not knowing what else to do, turned off, rebooted, no error messages, drove home no problem.

Long story. Leaf used for local errands. Always charged at home with L1 to start, then L2. This was a 100 mile drive requiring a charge to get home. Had already scouted out this Station and knew there were 2xFast, and 4xL2. Drove in with 29% (not enough to get home). Leaf on one Fast charge. Tried the other twice. Would not connect. No idea if it was the charger or my error never having done this.
Went to the L2, plugged in, started right up, appeared to charge normally. When unplugged and moved > no problem.

After ~20" the other Leaf owner came back. I inquired about the other Fast charger port and she said it was defective, had been for awhile, with no response from the convenience mart when reported. OK.....
I plugged into this apparently functional one: Charged from 40% > 60%, enough to get home. Got the error as described above, that went away on reboot.

This morning, plugged into home L2, charges normally. Searched the forum for awhile and got nothing that looked like my problem except constant concerns with 12v battery. Checked with digital multi-meter; 12.4v.

Leafspy Pro shows no error messages/codes. Would those persist? How do I find them or do they have to be 'active'? How do you find error codes?

Chargers can cause temporary errors which light the EV warning, but allow the light to clear after turning car off and back on. Charger problems can also cause more permanent errors that light the EV warning and prevent charging until the errors are cleared with LEAF Spy Pro or Nissan's Consult 3+ system. In your case, the error must have been very minor because the DTCs are normally kept in memory for a while so they can be reviewed.

Maybe I did get errors. Figured out how to turn that feature on in LeafSpy. Don't know how to interpret them though. Is there a 'master list'? This stuff makes my old 1991 ICE look simple.

FWIW, I tried x2 to get the first [Blink] Quick Charge going without success. That's maybe the first error? I have notified Blink.
In searching this forum I also found a number of people that got error codes after using Blink fast charge. The posts were older. These also seemed to clear.

B2801 2908 CHARGER Q/CHG Activation Sig Err VC-52

U100B 8708 CHARGER Quick Charger Comm VC-49

U100B 8F08 CHARGER Quick Charger Comm VC-49

Ok None ---> EPS

P3171 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-241

P3170 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-241

P316C 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-238

Looks like communication errors between car and charger. Try clearing the errors with Leaf Spy, then drive the car a bit and see if you have any errors come back. If not, then you can assume the problem was with the charger (or charger/car interface communication).

Hi.
Did you get this issue resolved. Im having the same codes and get yellow issue light only after
a chadamo fast charge.
I'm thinking it might be the main charging cable from battery pack to charger etc.
Thanks
Steve

Back