lashlee
Delivery Date: 02 Jul 2018
Leaf Number: 306063

Re: 2018 SL, TCU connection problems

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:35 am

I'm using an iPhone X with iOS 12.0.1 using V6.2.7 of the app. I know it may seem obvious, but does the car show it's connected to the service?

Baltneu
Delivery Date: 06 Oct 2018
Leaf Number: 313633

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 am

Lashlee
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, the car is showing a connection, when I am on the menu, there is a picture of the car with the 2-3 lines next to it, not a red line through the car, and the SOS button works.
2018 Gun Metallic Gray, SL, Technology Package, etc.

baustin
Delivery Date: 09 Mar 2015
Leaf Number: 402162

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:55 am

Baltneu wrote:Thanks Baustin, still does not work
I have a feeling that IOS 12 on the iPhone is the problem and that tech support at Nissan needs to fix this, not holding my breath

If you cannot access it through a web browser on a PC, then it won't work on the phone either. You will have to get Nissan EV Tech Support to fix the problem.
2013 Leaf SV - Cayenne Red - QC Port - LED Headlights

Baltneu

Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:19 am

Tech support just pushes it back to the dealer.
Dealer re-booted TCU and now I have less options on my display.
Cannot access tire pressure diagram, it does not exist anymore in the menu.
Thanks dealer.
I have given up on the iPhone apps, just trying to enjoy car

Baltneu

Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:39 am

Spoke to a knowledgeable tech person on Friday, told me my VIN was not connected to account, went through a few screens I had not seen before and she told me I would be up and running in 24 hours........its a no go, still the EV Connect app does not work.
I also received an email last night to push the SOS connect button and that would complete my installation. I pushed it, spoke to a person, and he said all was operational. Nope.

baustin

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:06 pm

Baltneu wrote:Spoke to a knowledgeable tech person on Friday, told me my VIN was not connected to account, went through a few screens I had not seen before and she told me I would be up and running in 24 hours........its a no go, still the EV Connect app does not work.
I also received an email last night to push the SOS connect button and that would complete my installation. I pushed it, spoke to a person, and he said all was operational. Nope.

Can you login to the Nissan Owner Portal from a web browser on your PC and connect to the car from there (charge start, climate control on/off, status update)? If it does not work from there, it will not work from the phone app.

Did you print out the EV Pin and Password from the Owner Portal and enter it into the Leaf? This links the car to your owner portal account. I don't know if this is different on the 2018, but is required for all years prior.

Does the Manage Vehicle screen on the Owner Portal show the correct VIN number for your car?

Baltneu

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:26 am

baustin wrote:
Baltneu wrote:Spoke to a knowledgeable tech person on Friday, told me my VIN was not connected to account, went through a few screens I had not seen before and she told me I would be up and running in 24 hours........its a no go, still the EV Connect app does not work.

Can you login to the Nissan Owner Portal from a web browser on your PC and connect to the car from there (charge start, climate control on/off, status update)? If it does not work from there, it will not work from the phone app.

Did you print out the EV Pin and Password from the Owner Portal and enter it into the Leaf? This links the car to your owner portal account. I don't know if this is different on the 2018, but is required for all years prior.

Does the Manage Vehicle screen on the Owner Portal show the correct VIN number for your car?

Cannot login to Nissan Owner Portal from a PC.
Cannot add the Pin and PW on a 2018
Correct VIN entered.

baustin

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:15 am

Baltneu wrote:
baustin wrote:

Correct VIN entered.

Next step would be to work with EV Support to resolve the issue preventing you from logging into the Nissan Owner Portal.

Baltneu

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:38 am

baustin wrote:
Baltneu wrote:
baustin wrote:

Correct VIN entered.

Next step would be to work with EV Support to resolve the issue preventing you from logging into the Nissan Owner Portal.

Thanks
Spoke to EV support, they tried everything on their side.
They think it is a bad TCU board and needs to be swopped out.
I am not going to go to the dealer just for this. I am going to enjoy the car and when it goes in for service will address this.

baustin

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:59 pm

Baltneu wrote:
baustin wrote:
Baltneu wrote:
Correct VIN entered.

Thanks
Spoke to EV support, they tried everything on their side.
They think it is a bad TCU board and needs to be swopped out.
I am not going to go to the dealer just for this. I am going to enjoy the car and when it goes in for service will address this.

Understood. It very well could be a defective TCU. However, the Owner Portal access is a separate issue not tied to the TCU. Gaining Owner Portal access will help with troubleshooting whether or not there is access to the car through the Nissan Servers.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”