backordered replacement parts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raswin

My 2018 Leaf was caught in an accident and Geico directed me to their bodyshop. Apparently the car needs a new wheelhouse and the Nissan dealership they ordered it from has it on backorder with no ETA. it has been a month already. Has anyone been in this situation before or have any advice/suggestions?

thanks
Aswin

<Must...not...make...Tug Boat joke!> Anyway, whatever the parts actually are, a salvage yard may have them and be willing to remove them. Leaf bodies tend not to rust. You can also look on Ebay for new and used parts.

It is not likely that you could find used parts for a 2018. You might want to find out the exact part description and part number from the shop so you can call around to other dealers to determine real availability. I have had shops tell me original equipment glass or other parts were not available on more than one occaision over the past 30 years when I insisted on factory original parts. In each case, I found factory parts at a local dealer and called the shop to tell them the dealer information including name and phone number of parts advisor. They were just trying to make extra profit by providing generic parts while charging for original parts.

Back