TCU Upgrade fix for low voltage cutout

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaf2593

Hi
I had the problem of my TCU needed to be reset about once a month. I did the upgrade and replaced my battery. I had to pull F34 fuse to reset Everytime the App stopped working. I even put battery charger in default mode but still had problem. I ended up installing a 12 bolt to 13.8 volt 5 amp DC to DC converter. I installed it right on the TCU. I have pics and notes of current and voltage reading s but can figure out how to insert pics in post.

^^^
My local dealer wanted $85 to apply the TSB. See http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=535176#p535176. As I posted later, I was able to get reimbursed by Nissan corporate. It's the first time I've received a check from Nissan corporate.

If I had more time, I'd have tried to shopping around to see if another dealer would do the TSB for free. They exist.

If you paid for the 3G TCU upgrade (free for model year '15, don't know what you have) within the past 1 year/12K miles, you might be able to use the 1 year/12K miles warranty on your service work to get that covered. IIRC, parts are normally covered by that length of warranty or the remainder of your applicable warranty, whichever is greater.

Back