2015 Heated Seat Not Working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbhag63

Hi all! Driving home tonight my drivers side heated seat rocker switch “high” setting light went off and the seat went cold, the low indicator light still goes on, anyone had this trouble? I thought I smelled an electrical odor but can’t be 100% sure.

One week left on the 3 year warranty so calling the dealer first thing in the am.

Ken, CT

LeftieBiker said:
Did anyone kneel on the seat, or put something compact but heavy on it? It sounds like a shorted heating element.

I've worked with motorcycle heated vests/suits/gloves, and the controllers only have one wire pair to the clothing, even if they offer five heat settings. I believe that is because the high/low switch only tells a microcontroller what temperature set-point or duty cycle to use. For example, see here:
http://moojohn.com/truck/heatedseats2.pdf

If that's the case with the Leaf, then if the Low heat setting still works, then you must have a working microcontroller, and good wiring from the microcontroller MOSFET (relay) to the heating element.

However, if the "call for high heat" wire on the back of the switch were broken, then you wouldn't be able to call for high heat anymore, but low heat would still work.

Back