rear open door alert

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csandoval012

hi all
I'm new in the electric family :)
I'm from Costa Rica and just bought and 2014 leaf with a small crash from USA
so far car is amazing...
It have 2 exclamation marks on the speedometer cluster panel (one red and the other yellow), after reading on forums people says that is a door opened which it makes sense (the car diagram shows the rear door opened)
anyone knows where is the rear door switch? so I can check if it was damaged or unplugged? I removed panels and only see some kind of sensors that I think are for the fob...

thanks!

You need to get LeafSpy and a odb dongle to read codes, if any. Then post codes here and we will try to help.

I have a 2011 and the yellow comes on when low battery. The red comes on for an airbag fault and also if the parking brake is set. There are a lot of reasons they can be on.

I believe the car tells me if the back hatch is open with a separate indicator. Try opening your doors and see if there's a separate indication for those.

Thanks.
Found the issue due the crash door is not closing completely. And switch is integrated in same lock system. While I get the car fixed I cut the blue cable so car thinks that door is closed . Now I'm not getting door warning nor red / yellow exclamation mark :)

Back