2012 Leaf Not Charging with either charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found an eBay listing for you on the LEAF J1772 charging port:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-Nissan-Leaf-Charging-Port-Quick-Charge-296B1-3NA1A/113260191605?epid=1717807073&hash=item1a5ed55f75:g:b2kAAOSwhINbo2CQ

If it was me, I would do that work myself as it seems pretty straightforward to do, based on other posts on MNL.

How did you determine that there's an open circuit on the charging board?

Also, a common issue on the 2011/2012 OBC is a burned out diode. Look on these forums for a YouTube video link to troubleshoot that, as well as instructions on how to add an inline diode at the charging port, so you don't have to repair the diode on the OBC.

I'm not saying it's definitely a diode issue, but it's a strong possibility and worth looking into...

Thanks for the response, I got an estimate from Nissan dealership, but did see some posts about the diode issue. They said a pin was bent (didn't ask further as to which one) but I didn't see any. I got the port loose but still trying to disconnect the black connector wire underneath (very tricky) to get to.

Back