Audio changes source on its own

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekkie

Did anyone experience this issue with the radio unit? When I have my iPod plugged into the USB port, sometimes when I am listening to the radio, it would automatically switched to the iPod without me changing the source. At first I thought I may have touched something accidentally, but it happens enough time that I know it is not me.

tekkie said:
Did anyone experience this issue with the radio unit? When I have my iPod plugged into the USB port, sometimes when I am listening to the radio, it would automatically switched to the iPod without me changing the source. At first I thought I may have touched something accidentally, but it happens enough time that I know it is not me.

Since that's a natural result when you plug you iPod/iPhone into just about any head unit (not just the Leaf), it's possible that something is triggering it. The only way to prevent it (for sure) would be to leave it unplugged when not in use.

my phone causes this because of a poor usb connection, it will swap over to USB sometimes when going over bumps.

If you're willing to forgo audio over USB, one of these will prevent the unwanted data connection:
https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-3rd-Data-Blocker-Pack/dp/B00T0DW3F8/
I use it because I want to charge my phone using the USB socket, but use Bluetooth for any audio.

Back