My Blink problems : Now no wi-fi & rebooting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

My first charging was whacky. I set the timed charger for 11:00 PM. I checked at night after 11 and it was charging. In the morning no lights were on (expected as lights go off after 15 minutes of charging complete) - and the Blink still said charging. But Leaf showed all 12 bars - but didn't say 100% charged. I tried to stop charging at the Blink - which stuck in "processing". Finally disconnected the cable - and Blink gave an error - and continued to show charging ! This was about 8 in the morning.

At 10:30 when I went down again, Blink had come back to the main screen seemingly normal. Last charging event showed a recent 1 second event.

The network connection though was lost. I tried connecting again - it would not even detect any wi-fi networks. Earlier it detected about a dozen. Tried connecting manually - and after the password input it just rebooted ! Tried again, the same thing happenned. Considering my earlier wi-fi connection problems with my earlier router - looks like this unit has some problems. I guess I'll have to get it exchanged.

Since I don't have TOU metering here and thus there is no incentive to schedule recharging times, I'm looking forward to setting nothing on either the charger or the car and just having it start charging when I plug in! Hopefully, I'll avoid most of the Blink issues this way.

Back