How to remove door panels?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulSp

Hi guys,

So i have a noticeable dent across my driver side door and the rear passenger door as wel. I want to try and knock the dent out from the inside of the door, but to do that i need to remove the panel.
Before i mess things up, has anyone done this before and want the share their knowledge?

Paul

Start by pulling the trim panel from behind the door handle and remove the screw. Remove the trim from around the window switches (starting at the back and sliding back since there is a sideways tab) and remove the screw from just ahead of the door pull. Once you've got those two screws removed its a simple tug on the door panel and remove it. Once the panel is down you'll have to unsnap the lock and door handle cables loose from the mounts.

If the lock sticks out of the top of the inner panel, remove it--usually by unscrewing it. Locate the inside door lever that opens the door. Look underneath the armrest. Remove the window crank

(Link removed by Moderator.)

Youtube is invaluable for these types of tasks. If you cannot find a video of the LEAF, look for Nissan sub-compacts. There would not have been any reason for Nissan to re-invent the wheel.

Second, if you have not done so, invest in a trim removal kit.

Thanks! That would help alot.

I have a trim removal kit as well as spare pins might some snap off during removal.

However had a little paint trading yesterday, exactly over the old damaged areas. So it wasnt my fault so that guys insurance is going to pay the fix. Unless i could save a significant buck doing the repair myself.

Back