Failure TO Charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeParrott

Anybody else come out in the morning and find that their Leaf did not "accept" a charge?

I have now had a couple of times where our car seems not to have taken a "full handshake" with the charge handle, and thus the time delay charging did NOT take place !!!

Maybe this is only my poor manual insertion of the charge handle, but anybody else experience this "surprise"

GeorgeParrott said:
Maybe this is only my poor manual insertion of the charge handle, but anybody else experience this "surprise"
There have been some talk of this handle insertion problem earlier. Did the charging light blinking sequence in Leaf start after you plugged it in ?

In hindsight, I am not sure, but with the charging delay setting, should it have given me any feedback on the dash lights?

Thanks for the suggestion, by the way !

George

GeorgeParrott said:
In hindsight, I am not sure, but with the charging delay setting, should it have given me any feedback on the dash lights?
If you have a timer set on the car, you should see the three dash lights blink in sequence after the plug is inserted (5-10 second delay while the car and EVSE get organized). Don't know what happens if you have a timer set on the EVSE, since I've never used the timer function on the Blink.

I've had a couple, George. One when I hit the Stop button on my AV EVSE and assumed that charging would re-start when the LEAF's timer took over the next day. Should have disconnected the J1772 plug and re-inserted it, just to get everything reset.

The other was probably a ground fault; even though my EVSE is under a carport, it showed a red error light one morning after a very windy, rainy night.

-Karl

I always watch for the dash lights to "dance" a few seconds after I insert the charging handle. I haven't had a problem yet.

I was aware from my obsessive reading of the forum that someone had had trouble because of faulty insertion. :lol:

Back