What's Up With the Junk Carpet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Thank you garygid for pointing out how quickly the carpet fails. With barely 11 days - 400 miles ... and ONLY wearing socks while driving, the carpet is already becoming "nappy"
( http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nappy ) . Are you kidding? We chose not to buy the extra floor mats, so we could find a better quality mat than what is frequently offered as an option from the dealer. But this is ridiculous ...
With tons of stop and go driving, our average speed is about 20 mph total so far, according to the on board display (presuming others have found that screen setting). What that means is that our carpet has begun to disintegrate in about 19 hours of actually having "only feet with socks" sitting on it. Anyone else experience the carpet quality? If you don't have mats yet, and haven't checked your drivers carpet yet - it's worth looking at closely . . . before you find you're down to bare metal apparently, at the rate it's failing. (shaking head) Thankfully the rest of the quality seems ok.

Maybe a warranty issue?

hill said:
Thank you garygid for pointing out how quickly the carpet fails. With barely 11 days - 400 miles ... and ONLY wearing socks while driving, the carpet is already becoming "nappy"
( http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nappy ) . Are you kidding? We chose not to buy the extra floor mats, so we could find a better quality mat than what is frequently offered as an option from the dealer. But this is ridiculous ...
Anyone else experience the carpet quality? If you don't have mats yet, nad haven't checked your drivers carpet yet - it's worth looking at closely.

Yes, I've noticed some deterioration next to the "dead pedal", an area the accessory mats don't cover. Thankfully, I do have the mats, which, by contrast, seem very hard-wearing.

Whew!!
was thinking it was about the floor mats.
As far as carpert. Not looked at it much.
I don't get the "clean" bug until summer. Around here washing car in winter is exercise in frustration.

Soon I will be doing the vacuum once a week thing

I'm starting a countdown to see how long this thread gets reported in other web sites, and the other countdown to see how long before the WSJ picks it up from those other websites :)

This was one of two things I did not like at my test drive in DC a few weeks ago. The second was the rear seating position.

The test drive cars had obviously seen some use by then and the carpet was 'pilling up', sort of like a sweater in several areas. Feeling the carpet, it is definitely not typical automotive quality. The rest of the materials on all other surfaces seemed to be holding up well. Mats are a necessity, but still won't protect some wear areas by the sills.

Back