My First Problem (or not?) with the Car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLeaf

So here's a new one I haven't read about elsewhere on the forum.. I stepped out into the garage this morning to find my Blink charger mildly chirping away and giving a "charge fault" message on the screen. Now I would chalk this up as a hiccup of the Blink unit and be on my merry way (especially since the unit returned to normal when unplugged), but when I got into the car and fired it up I was greeted by a yellow exclamation mark and the master EV system warning light (yellow car with a big exclamation mark). Now silly me did not look to see if the green "ready" light came on, but I did power down the car and powered it back up and thankfully both warning lights were gone. Best of all, the car performed perfectly normally so I'm now left wondering: is the Blink on the blink again or did the car have a late-night hiccup?

I'm thinking a call to my dealer is in order, but considering the dealer has only had to deal with a dozen or so cars to date as compared to the hundreds of car owners on this forum, I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone else has encountered this issue..

Other details:
  • haven't had the software updated yet (AC? what's AC??)
    car seemed to be 80% full as in-car programmed
    no other warning lights were on, just the 2
    the buzzer on the Blink is thankfully rather puny so no one needs to worry about getting woken up in the middle of the night

If you are having problems, please report them to your dealer/Nissan and Blink. That is the only way a real evaluation and possible repair can be made to your car or charger. Your car and charger have a warranty and roadside assistance, please use it. If the charger is not working you have a L1 in the back of the car. Why would you want us to guess what is wrong?
When you find out what the problem is/was please post an update. The correct diagnosis maybe helpful to others down the road.

The warning light will come on after an interrupted charge and will go away on your next start. You can recreate this by using the L1 charger and unplugging it from the wall instead of the car.

Back