Are you sorry you bought a Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck58

In looking at the long posts and threads of problems and dealer ineptitude is anyone regretting their purchase of the Leaf?
I have my $99.00 deposit in for 10 months. No roll out on the east coast yet which maybe has been good for me to see what others are experiencing.
Don't get me wrong, i am on board with the whole electric car idea and want to be an early adopter.

I don't recall a single post to MNL from anyone who regretted purchasing a Leaf. I hope to take delivery of mine in the next 1-2 weeks.

Hope your Leaf experience is great. I probably won't get mine until the end of 2011 on the east coast.

I do not have all the answers about what the future will bring for my LEAF's performance.

However I am quite pleased with the LEAF and enjoy driving it whenever I can. As I get to know it better, I will drive it further.

I believe that there is ample evidence that Nissan is REALLY supporting making this EV a success.

I feel kind of being mislead by the Nissan's "100 mile range pitch", but doesn't mean I am regretting my purchase. I do have a concern because like most I don't know what kind of degradation to expect from battery a few years down the road and what would be the cost to replace it.

Hmmm there is alot of apprehension negativity and other concerns voiced here but one thing I thought was simply too obvious to ignore is that this site is divided into two camps...

Owners with no regrets including some bordering on euphoria

Then there is the non owners who are basically complaining about the same things we were talking about. 3 months ago.

As for me not only do I not have any regrets I have devoted a lot of my personal time to letting the public in my area share my experiences and jam glad to do it. EVs are simply the right thing to do

Not sorry one bit.....Great car, only going to get better in the future....

If it was perfect, what would we have to talk about? :)

More words: Took a 50 mile round trip today out into country on a mix of freeway, two lane and country roads with three adults and had no problems with power, comfort, or range. Had plenty of space to store bruch goodies and leftovers. Not sorry that it didn't use any gas.

Not sorry in the least. The car is endlessly fascinating to own and to drive. The quality seems to be excellent. The car is fun to drive and very smooth and silent, spacious and comfortable. I've had no issues so far.

On top of all of that, with the solar powerplant located on my roof making more power than we use at the house, I'll be driving 12,000 or more miles each year and paying NOTHING for gas OR electricity.

Every time I drive my LEAF, I think, "Amazing!" It was the right decision to take the risk being an early adopter. Nissan and the dealer have been wonderful making sure I'm happy, especially when I experienced the AC problem.

I feel very fortunate that Tucson was selected to be one of the first cities where the LEAF was introduced. I know it would be difficult waiting for another year if I was in one of the tier 2 locations.

Nice to see all the positive responses about ownership so far.
In May, General Electric is doing a forum in Virginia on establishing charging stations on the east coast.
There is a real push to make the EV cars successful on the east coast as well. Not as good as California but it is a start.
I am not withdrawing my reservation and hope to get my Leaf by the end of the year.

It's simple. I've got to drive 350 miles tomorrow to Stanford. I'm not looking forward to it because I'll be driving an ICE. If I were able to do it with my LEAF, I'd be looking forward to it! The LEAF is a great drive.

Once you start driving an electric car like the LEAF you don't want to go back to an ICE car.

Everyone I have let test drive it has said "Wow I had no idea. I want one!"

This car is the game changer the EV1 could have been and better.

I have had people look me up from a newspaper article and ask to see my car to see if they still want to keep their reservation. All of them left the house excited to be on the list still and couldn't hardly wait to get their car now that they got to see it in person.

Hi Chuck...

I really love the LEAF and am so glad I got it! I love driving around and not burning any gas. Such a great feeling.. and a wonderful car!

-Peter

Its simply an amazing EV driving experience and for the money you can not find a better EV deal today.
I have owned and leased several EV vehicles and the LEAF my 5th EV is fantastic.
Although not impressively great I'am pleased with the build quality of the interior as our expense for the car it seems lacking but the real cost paid is in the battery and controller and charging systems and in an EV thats a dramatic expense.
Nissan threw in some nice touches beyond what I was expecting and glad they did.
The LEAF is the future now and it is wonderful to be in it.
When letting my friends drive it they get it (the whole EV thing that is) and several have said an EV will be in their future.
Its catching on as a viable way to get around in EV style and it does with class.
Love the car timers an unexpected benefit that has come in very handy since I have time of use rates, so I set after peak hours: Charge to 80% Mon. through Fri. Charge to 100% on Sat. Then when going to work & school Pre-heat in the morning and certain nights.

Yes their some bugs and issues and I have had to take it in the dealership but accept the risk and enjoy the EV experience.
As far as I'm concerned for a first run Nissan hits a home run! They really have covered all the bases and then some.

Danny Ames

Back