Static Cling?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFish

Not really a big deal but kind of weird. Every time I get home from my commute, there is a fine layer of dust clinging to the rear hatch, bumper and the rear portion of the fenders that clings so tightly I can hardly get it off even with a California Duster. There seems to be a significant static charge in the rear portion of the car :shock:
Anyone else notice this on their car :?:

MrFish said:
Not really a big deal but kind of weird. Every time I get home from my commute, there is a fine layer of dust clinging to the rear hatch, bumper and the rear portion of the fenders that clings so tightly I can hardly get it off even with a California Duster. There seems to be a significant static charge in the rear portion of the car :shock:
Anyone else notice this on their car :?:

We need to drive about 1/4 mile on a graded dirt road to get to our house. The back of our Leaf is covered always with a thick coat of dust. I think you are right about the static charge. This doesn't happen to my pickup or my wife's Miata. The same thing seems to be happening inside the car on the black trim on the center console.

The dust on the rear of my car is as thick on the rear window as it is on the paint. Perhaps this is from the shape of the car and not static electricity.

previous discussion of this problem:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2653

Interesting that it seems to be a Leaf phenomenon. I also have a Kia Soul with almost the exact rear profile and spoiler that does not do it. Also as I noted, its not just the presence of dust, but the fact that it seems to cling with a static charge. Wonder if it decreases with time? :roll:

Back