What Dealership(s) to Avoid

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Many here have posted GREAT experience(s) at different Nissan dealerships, and I've LOVED experiences at Cerritos, Fontana, and Coasta Mesa. On the other hand, just the opposite experience happened yeaterday. Driving up to buy floor mats from south OC, I stopped at a dealership near the 5 fwy and the 91 fwy just to price compare, and maybe make a purchase or two. Employees ought not make customers feel like they got leprosy ... but when you find all the charging spots ICE'd ... and you sense you're a pain when you kindly ask if (just) one of the ICE cars could be moved while you're spending money at their store ... you begin to wonder. Nope! No skin falling of me ... and I used deoderant ... so maybe I'll never know why it was such a pain. Meah ... never did get a car moved ... so I continued on up to Cerritos and got the usual great service. Sometime the extra 20 or 40 mile mile drive is well worth it.
;)

you start a post with that headline, but dont name the dealership?
you are shy because you dont want to slander them but encourage others to post and name them with your headline?
I am not sure who is loopier, you or the willie guy who wants to sue Nissan cause he doesnt have a new EV yet.

thankyouOB said:
you are shy because you dont want to slander them with the truth but encourage others to post and name them with your headline?
I am not sure who is loopier, you or the willie guy who wants to sue Nissan cause he doesnt have a new EV yet.
Ahhh... starting the day with a giggle :) Don't hold back, thankyouOB, tell him how you REALLY feel! :) :eek: :)

Seriously though, dealers who are hostile to Nissan LEAF customers, regardless of where they purchased their LEAF, should be documented. They don't want our business, so we can document and we won't bother them with our busness! And we need this information to keep pur charging directories accurate and up to date. We also want to make sure to use dealers that will properly service our electric LEAFs. We don't want to get random replace, swap, bill the customer until it's fixed when a good tech can nail the problem the first time at a third or less of the cost. If the dealer isn't being courteous, or at least civil, to customers, I have to wonder how effective their service department will be.

"Hostile?"

Maybe too much hyperbole.

Every little inconvenience or disagreement on the way a dealership or Nissan corp. runs their business is reported here with the same gossipy tone as Mrs Kravitz. This place is starting to sound like a bunch of old biddies in a sewing circle.

thankyouOB said:
you are shy because you dont want to slander them but encourage others to post and name them with your headline?
(sigh)
1) For folks so very far away that they have no idea what dealer is near the 91fwy and 5 fwy ... it doesn't matter
2) For folks so very near that they have no idea what dealer is near the 91fwy and 5fwy ... sorry, I can't help you.

And I'm waiting for my Leaf from that dealer.

And still a June delivery with no VIN and do carwings!

thankyouOB, Hill is a man of integrity and is aware that OC locals are smart enough to know what Dealer is near the 91/5. I know I do. It's a very useful and subtle post.

TRONZ said:
thankyouOB, Hill is a man of integrity and is aware that OC locals are smart enough to know what Dealer is near the 91/5. I know I do. It's a very useful and subtle post.

OK. and thanks.

Train said:
"Hostile?"

Maybe too much hyperbole.

Every little inconvenience or disagreement on the way a dealership or Nissan corp. runs their business is reported here with the same gossipy tone as Mrs Kravitz. This place is starting to sound like a bunch of old biddies in a sewing circle.
Driving a customer of your parent company to tears over something another authorized representative of your dealership has promised is far more than hostile. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3719 That's not the OP of this thread, but certainly illustrates the need for this thread "What Dealership(s) to Avoid".

I'm unaware Train of how long you've been driving Electric. I've been driving electric for over 10 years and have worked to get EV charging infrastructure installed, documented and maintained with many other volunteers and other stake holders. If mass adoption of EVs is something we all need to benefit society, then we need to reduce real or perceived barriers and enhance the positive aspects of EV use and ownership. I have nothing against "a bunch of old biddies in a sewing circle.", in fact, I would much prefer their company than the types of car dealers this thread is about - the atypical Nissan LEAF dealer that is dismissive, rude or worse to Nissan customers. Part of this involves setting expectations - if that Nissan Dealer only wants it's customers to charge at their dealership, then we will get them listed in the charger directories as that - "Highly restricted - Charger is for customers of that dealership only - all others prohibited from using the charger at all times."

And you know what? I think it would be fantastic to have "a bunch of old biddies in a sewing circle" purchasing Nissan Leafs and driving them around along with millions of others with diverse backgrounds, viewpoints, needs etc. The old biddies should at least feel comfortable enough to get through the LEAF purchasing, driving, charging and maintenance process or it is going to be very difficult to get LEAFs in the mainstream. The sales and customer treatment process does matter.

In deploying EV charging, there's a significant effort to deploying charging corridors where you have EV charging along a transit corridor, like a major highway to allow people to use their EVs for more trips. We're already seeing signs that some Nissan Dealerships must not be included as part of the general charging infrastructure, since by their own desires, they only want to restrict their chargers to their own customers only.

The dealers could also have installed EV chargers that are part of a payment network, but most or all did not. The increased cost of the charger to support billing vs. the cost of the land for the parking space, reduced usage of a paid charger, the fairly small cost of the electricity - especially compared to freebies or advertising/marketing and the potential marketing value of an EV charger make the decision of charging for use the charger a non-trivial decision.

Mind you most Nissan LEAF dealerships are good to work with, several are absolutely stellar. A select few of the many are to be avoided...

Sticking up here for the "old biddies" who exchange a lot of useful info in those sewing circles!

proud to be a "soon to be" old biddy... :lol:

Kat

I for one LOVE to sing the praises of service providers everywhere who rightly earn it. In the 1990's we had a Range Rover. When we had to take our RR in for service ... wow! ... fresh baked cookies ... gourmet coffee ... you really felt honored. Now days, many other dealerships follow suit, by pampering customers. Same thing was true with some Mercedes dealerships a decade earlier around here. We'd bring our car in, and they'd wash it ... even if we didn't need service. You actually liked going into the service bay. And even though consumer reports wrote up both of our RR and MB rides as being stinkers when it came to quality (AND mileage), their customer treatment is/was such that they garnered loyalty. A little bit of nice, goes a long way. So ... thanks in advance to all who turn us on to great Leaf service providers.

"Buena Park Nissan - Orange County's #1 Nissan Dealer #1 in Volume and #1 in Service!"
Sorry, it was too easy... but I guess they're really busy... 257 new cars in their inventory no Leafs
M

We just purchased our Leaf at Miller Nissan in Van Nays. not only wasn't the EV spot ICE'd they let me charge my personal EV at their AV charge spot and i was able to get a full charge on there dime. Miller's Troy Dias was very helpful and the rest of the staff very friendly, i was the only the 8th delivery of the Leaf at Miller a very good experience. they do try to make you come back every 6 months for a trie rotation, but this is a typical dealer tractic and not needed
I am not looking forward to the 1 year battery inspection.
:(

Back