palmermd
Posts: 2480
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:11 am

My car finally performed this feature. Quite strange. We did not do anything unusual. Started the car, back out. Once in drive I had to acknowledge the ok on the screen, and this was the only time we touched anything on the center console. About a mile from home, all of a sudden it was silent as the radio was off, and we witnessed the center console re-booting. Radio picked backup and everything seemed normal. Driving was not effected during the event.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996


First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss
Fourth Bar Loss

QueenBee
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062
Location: Bellevue (Seattle), WA

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:09 am

palmermd wrote:My car finally performed this feature. Quite strange. We did not do anything unusual. Started the car, back out. Once in drive I had to acknowledge the ok on the screen, and this was the only time we touched anything on the center console. About a mile from home, all of a sudden it was silent as the radio was off, and we witnessed the center console re-booting. Radio picked backup and everything seemed normal. Driving was not effected during the event.


Have you had the navigation update service bulletin performed yet? Came out around last fall. Just had mine done and service tech said that rebooting navigation was one of the issues it fixed.

palmermd
Posts: 2480
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:19 pm
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 1100011011
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:17 am

no, but there are about 5 updates listed on the Nissan site that have been released since my last visit sometime last summer. I'm approaching my 1 year checkup and I'll hand them a list of updates. They'll probably have the car all day.
Michael

Leaf since 31 March 2011
Driving electric since 1996


First Bar Loss
Second Bar Loss
Third Bar Loss
Fourth Bar Loss

QueenBee
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062
Location: Bellevue (Seattle), WA

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:30 am

palmermd wrote:no, but there are about 5 updates listed on the Nissan site that have been released since my last visit sometime last summer. I'm approaching my 1 year checkup and I'll hand them a list of updates. They'll probably have the car all day.


I hadn't been into the dealer since last June when I picked up the car as well. The updates are relatively quick. They hook it up to their computer which determines which updates are needed. Mine was just two service campaigns or whatever they call them but lots of the different software's were updated and it only took a bit over 30 minutes.

pawsouth
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 pm
Delivery Date: 24 Jul 2011
Leaf Number: 6329

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:46 am

I have had the Feb 2012 s/w update and still have the problem. all 5 times that I saw it was just after pushing the OK button about 30 secs or min later switching from drive to eco mode all of sudden i see the screen go blank and the startup screen and chimes occur. I think that probably carvings is trying to download info, radio is probably off but not always.

QueenBee
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062
Location: Bellevue (Seattle), WA

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:35 pm

pawsouth wrote:I have had the Feb 2012 s/w update and still have the problem. all 5 times that I saw it was just after pushing the OK button about 30 secs or min later switching from drive to eco mode all of sudden i see the screen go blank and the startup screen and chimes occur. I think that probably carvings is trying to download info, radio is probably off but not always.


Did you get the Fall 2011 update?

Levenkay
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:01 pm
Delivery Date: 16 May 2013
Leaf Number: 302737
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:05 pm

QueenBee wrote:
palmermd wrote:no, but there are about 5 updates listed on the Nissan site that have been released since my last visit sometime last summer. I'm approaching my 1 year checkup and I'll hand them a list of updates. They'll probably have the car all day.


I hadn't been into the dealer since last June when I picked up the car as well. The updates are relatively quick. They hook it up to their computer which determines which updates are needed. Mine was just two service campaigns or whatever they call them but lots of the different software's were updated and it only took a bit over 30 minutes.
I contacted my selling dealer a day or so after getting an email-ed update notification/invitation from Nissan, and got an 08:00 appointment for the next day. Expecting that it wouldn't impact my workday too much, I agreed, and showed up at 07:50. They got right to it, and handed the keys back to me at 10:15. I made some sort of remark like "gee, the email said this would take less than an hour...", and the dealer replied that the hour didn't start until after they'd negotiated the download-the-update procedure from Nissan. Oh. :(

QueenBee
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:14 pm
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 2062
Location: Bellevue (Seattle), WA

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Levenkay wrote:They got right to it, and handed the keys back to me at 10:15. I made some sort of remark like "gee, the email said this would take less than an hour...", and the dealer replied that the hour didn't start until after they'd negotiated the download-the-update procedure from Nissan. Oh. :(


Maybe you were the first car they had done and had not already updated their computer with the new softwares from Nissan? Seems like it would have been nice to do that before they scheduled you. After check in/out process, car washing, etc it literally should take less than hour.

Leafboy
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:46 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Aug 2011
Leaf Number: 5721
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:55 pm

My center display screen blanked out today, but the radio kept playing. I could not turn off the radio either. After getting to my destination I shut down ther car and rebooted it. Everything returned to normal.
Lew George
2011 Leaf SL-e
Cayenne Red
Longest continously owned Leaf in Georgia.
LED Upgrades: Parking lights, tag lights, back-up lights, side lights, interior lights,DRLs,LED Hi-beam.
Additional upgrades: Horn upgrade, pedestrian warning bell.

DanC
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:58 pm
Delivery Date: 03 Mar 2014
Leaf Number: 330227

Re: Center console rebooted while driving

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:03 am

I realize this is an old, old topic, but my 2014 Leaf has done this multiple times since I picked it up last month. I see mention of some software updates for this but has anybody had this issue fixed by the updates from Nissan? I've taken it to the dealer but they've never heard of the issue nor do they have a fix.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”