Carwings trouble and update rumors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnySebring

Carwings doesn't connect in my neighborhood (98199 in Seattle) the last few days. I tried the reset procedure, I've needed to do this twice before and it worked but no go this time.
I discovered that i can connect about 6 miles north of here, and im going to try that again in an hour or so. ATT does not show any outage in my area and it always connected here before.
A call to my dealer tells me there is a Carwings issue and update pending, has anyone else experienced this or heard anything about updates? :? :?

CS called me back yesterday and said there is now an update that should resolve the issues I had some weeks back and that I should stop by the dealer for the update.

I'm assuming this is available for everyone as the next generation of the software... anyone have any more details?
g

I spoke with CS today about the telematics bug, and was told a fix was released on July 12th that requires a visit to the dealer, and it should take less than an hour. Because the fix is so recent, they were contacting my dealer first so they would know what to do. If you're having the same problem, I'd suggest having carwings contact your dealer first to avoid confusion.

If you are talking about not being able to access car remotely via owners portal then count me in. My car has been plugged in since June 16th, I am on vacation. I will not return until Aug. 4th. I have not been able to access car since June 30th. When I try I get this from the portal:
"Your request to update vehicle status for MyLeaf failed. There was a problem detected communicating with the vehicle. Please try your request again. Also ensure your vehicle is located in an area with cellular reception and it has been driven within the last 14 days."
I do not know if this is a owners portal problem or a I have not driven in the last 14 days problem.

The rumor was that if the TCU lost the cell-signal, it could/would fail to reconnect, but that a re-boot makes it reconnect.

Presumably, this "fix" will be an update to the firmware of the TCU.

Please keep us posted.

The fix is out for certain tcu firmware versions. Not all dealers got the program card yet. I have mine. If you need the update pm me and I can give you more info.

What are the affected TCU fimware version numbers?

Is there any way for ME to tell if my LEAF has "this problem"?

So far, I might just be driving in areas with nice, strong signals.

Another aux battery reboot procedure and a Carwings sign in fixed it again for an hour. I was away from home up the hill when I connected. I drove back up and signed in again. Checked an RSS and Carwings on my phone. Now back home a couple minutes later and no connection. Suddenly my street is in a dead-zone. :? :?

downeykp said:
If you are talking about not being able to access car remotely via owners portal then count me in. My car has been plugged in since June 16th, I am on vacation. I will not return until Aug. 4th. I have not been able to access car since June 30th. When I try I get this from the portal:
"Your request to update vehicle status for MyLeaf failed. There was a problem detected communicating with the vehicle. Please try your request again. Also ensure your vehicle is located in an area with cellular reception and it has been driven within the last 14 days."
I do not know if this is a owners portal problem or a I have not driven in the last 14 days problem.
Not an owner's portal problem. June 16 to June 30 is - guess what - 14 days. This has been discussed on the board before as a very irritating restriction. The car simply does not talk to mama any more if it hasn't been turned on for 14 days.

Ray

I believe I have been experiencing the same problem. When I attempt to "update charging stations," I have been getting a "No service" message. In addition, the CarWings menu page on the car shows a gray car icon at the top, indicating no service.

Today on Nissan Live Chat the fellow told me it could be either:
1. Poor AT&T service in my area. I have tried to connect in various local places, and I got a connection only once in last week. It seems doubtful AT&T would be bad all over my local urban area.
2. My car could need a new firmware update. He said if the problem continued, I should go to my dealer and ask for the "permanent TCU reset fix."

Will the update fix the problem where a navigation route from the web will be randomly downloaded again... and again... and again... forever?

tbleakne said:
I believe I have been experiencing the same problem. When I attempt to "update charging stations," I have been getting a "No service" message. In addition, the CarWings menu page on the car shows a gray car icon at the top, indicating no service.

Today on Nissan Live Chat the fellow told me it could be either:
1. Poor AT&T service in my area. I have tried to connect in various local places, and I got a connection only once in last week. It seems doubtful AT&T would be bad all over my local urban area.
2. My car could need a new firmware update. He said if the problem continued, I should go to my dealer and ask for the "permanent TCU reset fix."

I have the same issue with Carwings. I swear you could call CS 5 times, talk to 5 different people, and get 5 different answers. Today, I was told to take my car to a dealer for Carwings software update. As far as I'm concerned, Carwings is almost worthless. :roll:

I started not getting the usual messages from the car about charging stopped etc. in the last couple of days. Then I went to the owner's portal and cannot access car status. I went to dealer, talked to technician and he said he just got a bulletin from Nissan on this and that an update is needed. He told me it would take an hour and a half. So I plan to take the car in this Friday. I wasn't having any problems up to that point with Carwings. It is a mystery to me why it all of sudden has problems. No explanation was offered.

Mountain View Nissan in Chattanooga received the Telematics Control Unit reset permanent software fix last Friday, 07-15-2011.
I hadn't noticed any Carwings trouble since I got the car May 17th, but discovered the Carwings hung on July 2nd.
Rather than doing the 12V battery disconnect reset, I'm taking the car into Mountain View for the permanent fix on Thursday, July 21st.
Mike who works at Mountain View also has a Leaf since May, and is very helpful. So far he hasn't encountered Carwings hang up problem, so he hasn't had his TCU update done yet.

Kataphn said:
I went to dealer, talked to technician and he said he just got a bulletin from Nissan on this and that an update is needed. He told me it would take an hour and a half. So I plan to take the car in this Friday.
I was also told 1.5 hrs at Live Chat. I will wait until we hear from you on whether the "fix" seems to work.

leafarmer said:
I spoke with CS today about the telematics bug, and was told a fix was released on July 12th that requires a visit to the dealer, and it should take less than an hour. Because the fix is so recent, they were contacting my dealer first so they would know what to do. If you're having the same problem, I'd suggest having carwings contact your dealer first to avoid confusion.

Well....As I had posted last week, I suddenly wasn't able to log-in to Carwings. When I called CS, they told me last Thursday (7/14) to take the car to a dealer for software update. So, today, I made an appointment and took the car in to my dealer, Mossy Kearny Mesa.

At first, the service person who checked me in said he wasn't aware of any software updates. After making a phone call, he came back and said it would take all day. When I expressed surprise at this, he said he would do some more research. After another phone conversation, he said it would take about two hours, so I told him I would wait in the lounge. Three hours later, he came back to advise me that the Leaf technician was still on the phone with Nissan. I told him I couldn't wait any longer, so he brought my car back. When I took it in, I had 2 bars and 19mi on the dash. They must have had it powered up the whole time; because when he brought it back I had 1 bar and 17mi. So I "limped" home with the low battery warning flashing.

I want to stress that the service mgr was very courteous, and apologized for the lack of service. He said they would call me when they want me to bring it in for the update. VERY disappointing, to say the least. :? :?

My Carwings saga continues:

Today, Nissan Kearny Mesa called to say that they were finally ready to load new software to fix my Carwings. They said it would take about 1 1/2hrs. Well, I went right on down there, and sat around for two more hrs, and came home with nothing again. This is getting frustrating! Me thinks Carwings is just a pile of C**P. :x :x :x :x :x :x

derkraut said:
...Well, I went right on down there, and sat around for two more hrs, and came home with nothing again. This is getting frustrating! Me thinks Carwings is just a pile of C**P. :x :x :x :x :x :x
Do you mean they failed to install the update, or that you were updated but it didn't fix Carwings?

Back